Material for 2009 changes?

Discussion in 'A+' started by danpluso, Sep 6, 2009.

1. lufc

lufc Bit Poster

I havn't got any books or started studying yet. I am waiting for the 7th edition book of the AIO by Michael Meyers, if that is out next month I may aswell wait, but if its going to be out in 2010, I will just buy the 6th edition.

2. danpluso

danpluso Bit Poster

Well wouldn't it be better to have the newest exams done? I am not sure if there is a difference from 2006 A+ certification and 2009 A+ certification (aside from the exams being different) but I would hate to think I could possibly miss out on job opportunities because maybe someone else applying has the newer 2009 A+ certificate. I have also heard of people being forced to retake the newer exams by their employer or they would be fired. So I would hate to dish out the $ for the 2006 exams if I later have to take the 2009 exams too. I forget who it was but I think it was here that someone was posting about how their job required them to take the newer exam (it was awhile ago and was the 2006 exams that he had to take).

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

People were still taking the 300 series when the 600 series had been released. Employers don't car if you have the new one or the old one as long as you have the cert that is what matters. Most employers wouldn't know whats on it anyway.

Some employers will require you to do the new exam just like some employers want you to do a certain elective exam but most would rather that you have done it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. mario999

mario999 Banned

i've been using Q/A files from *********** and it's very useful, i paid 50 bucks for all the test files.
    not trying to promote them but hey! it's worked for me

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not being funny mate but this place looks mightly like a braindump site to me, I have enquired with certguard about them and they did not know of this place but they do now and will investigate it to see if is legitemate or not. Always use certguard to check the validity of a site you are using for certification purposes as using sites that are braindumps can get you decertified for life

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. lufc

lufc Bit Poster

I have a decision to make now. I want to start learning for the Comptia A+ certification as soon as i can really, although I am willing to wait till start/middle of next month until Mike Meyers 7th edition All-In-One comes out , however i'v read that it may not come out till next year, hmm really not sure whether to buy the old one and study for the 2007 exam, anyone care to help me to decide?

7. danpluso

danpluso Bit Poster

I would wait to buy the 7th edition.. In the mean time do lots of online studying.

Google for a site called "Professor Messer" for free online A+ videos

Despite what greenbrucelee has said about the exams I still really want to take the newest exam there is.. I just don't see the point in taking an older exam if there is a newer version.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+
  8. lufc

lufc Bit Poster

Ok , thanks for the advice, ill start studying online for now , hopefully the new book will be out next month!