Made redundant

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jiser, May 16, 2008.

1. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

So ive been made redundant from one of my school I.T. Tech jobs at an infant school. Apprently they cant afford to pay me 250 quid a month and the I.T. Co-ordinator will do more + the oursourcing company (School care) which currently comes in 2 hours a month charging 35 an hour will come in. - Dono if anything sneaky is going on, or they are getting rid of me on purpose..

My hours will be apprently be transferred to the other school that I work at who were offering me more hours and jobs next term anyway. So basically Ive ended up worse of with less hours next september :(

Great!! Although I hate the infant school I am stuffed now and was looking foward to working 3 days a week and getting extra quals. Now I am gonna have to start looking for grad schemes/ full time jobs from late august.

Ah well.. NvM.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  2. Fastracksteve

Fastracksteve Bit Poster

Sorry to hear this but stay positive. You never know what's around the corner :biggrin

Certifications: CCDA ACSE CCWA Mitel SX2000 & 3300
  3. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that - but one door closes and another opens.

You could always go on the look out for other schools though. How about forming your own Ltd company and working for schools that way - this School Care bunch aren't charging much to be honest! My mate has just quit working for a company that provides support for schools and he told me that this company charged 90 quid per hour to middle and high schools.

The local authority where I live charges £80 an hour for thei schools service...

Someone somewhere is making a mint from schools! Hopefully I'll be one of those people soon!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Have you considered getting a job with the outsourcing company? ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!