Made My Choice

Discussion in 'A+' started by keyscoob, Mar 28, 2005.

1. keyscoob

keyscoob New Member

Well, after lurking around these forums and reading the exam requirements and objectives I have decided to take the A+ study path.

I've dug out all my Book Vouchers, ordered the Michael Meyers book and printed off the A+ Core Hardware exam objectives. So its game on...

Be prepared for the torrent of questions and 'that don't make sense' posts from me :)

I must say that even at this early stage the forum has been an excellent reference and has helped a huge amount.

Cheers...

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

No problem, keyscoop. We live for answering questions. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Bring it on! :D

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

A+ is a good choice. a word of warning though. dont do what i did! i stopped studying it for a while, and its quite difficult to get back into the routine for it.

I read the whole book from cover to cover without taking notes first, i think its probably a good idea since all the sections are intertwined anyway, so it helps you understand things a bit better when it comes to actually learning them. im now going through it all taking notes.

Good luck with it mate!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. keyscoob

keyscoob New Member

Thanks for the encouragement. All much appreciated.

6. keyscoob

keyscoob New Member

Well, my A+ book arrived at the bookshop today (I ordered there as I received a few Book Vouckers for XMas). I'll have muscles like Popeye after I have lugged the thing around for a few months, its quiet a hefty tome! :)

I scanned through the book to start with and did several of the quick little tests at the end of each chapter and averaged around 70%. I know that's not much of a yardstick but it was encouraging if nothing else.

:)

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Good stuff, keyscoob. Don't be put off by the size of the book, it should still be an enjoyable read, and think of the "prize" at the end of it :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi All

Good to hear you have started on the cert route. It is so heavy as we spend so lon in front of a screen! So need the excercise.

Gav - "prize" I wonder what that could be? I ended up with the Mother of all hangovers (but, I did do the OS, Hardware AND 70-210 on the same day)! :blink :blink :blink

9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

define: prize The feeling of euphoria at achieving one's first ever IT cert, in the knowledge that you are now on the road to greater things...and most likely the nearest pub !

I remember it well :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity