LSEL CompTIA A+ course

Discussion in 'A+' started by wantmore, Apr 25, 2009.

1. wantmore

wantmore New Member

Hi I'm interested in doing the CompTIA A+ qualification and have been looking at different learning providers.It amazes me in the difference in prices!The Home Learning College wants to charge me £1775 for the course(SHOCK!) then there's The Open Learning College where at the moment they'd charge me £399 and then I found the LSEL(London International School Of Learning) and they charge £85.55! the only one that includes the cost of the exams is the Home Learning College.Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has used the LSEL and how they fount the course?
    I'm debating whether to just buy the books and maybe some DVD'S/CD-ROMS and try that way or whether to actually take a online course.I'm guessing that the LSEL is the cheapest I'm going to be able to find but is the course any good?I'd be grateful for any help so Thanks in advance.

2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to CF.

Why don't you buy a book, and then decide? Even if you do decide to take a course, it'll still be handy to have the books.

Buy the Mike Meyers All in One Guide, have a read through it. If you think you could realistically study yourself, go for it!

The exams cost £110/each, so you could easily complete the entire cert for under £300 by self-studying :biggrin

- Gav

3. jfk

jfk New Member

:) hello everyone. I am quite new here. So I hope to learn something new from everyone. Lsel training is actually very good. my friend has already tried them and said it was worth it because she passed her cisco exams. not only are they cheap but direct Instant Mentoring is included in the price you pay for technical courses.
    But why dont you check feedbacks on Ebay to see what other students say about Lsel Training. They have a link from their website www.*********.com taking you directly to Ebay feeback page

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

why not just get the books and study yourself and save yourself ££££s there is no need in a course unless you absolutley need instructor led training and for that I would recomend looking at a college and not a training provider.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

You seem to recommend tham a lot - in all your posts so far actually ! You're not a closet mole for them are you ? :twisted:

Indeed - if you need an instructor then you need a classroom style setup. If you can manage self study (and I know it's not for everyone) then as GBL says, get the books and save a fortune and you can always ask any questions here or on other forums

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Surely not :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs