Loud laptop fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Angus, Dec 2, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

And then off they went on the inevitable tangent only to return long hours or days later when they got hungry and tired... :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Great.... [​IMG]

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

:scratch :hhhmmm :confused2 :confused3 :microwave I give up.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Ooh, give up Sir ? Really, Sir ? Ooh, SUIT you, ooh :!: Does the Missus "give up" so easily, Sir ? Ooh .......

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

You bet! :wub :oops:

6. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Oh dear :bigcry (tears of laughter)

Comic genius, brilliant :!:

7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

From Laptop fans to the Fast Show .....

8. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

:offtopic

Seems like Vivaldi only chilled my machine out for a bit.The laptop seems to be loud again.This is really starting to p me off. :x

Occasionally, like now, I can hear a very slight rattle from within the laptop.I'm pretty certain this is the fan.

Thing is, I've got a very good spec machine, which despite a couple of problems, like when the hal file went walkabout :fol , and it seems to restore a missing file automatically every now and then, it's been fine.

It's a lot of hassle, but I only have a 1 year warranty on this laptop, and that ends in about march/april, so I'm starting to think about sending it back.To be honest, they can keep it, I'd rather buy another one now.

Thing is, I'm not putting up with this loud laptop fan for much longer.In fact, I'm using my other machine mostly, at the minute, apart from when I'm working on my VM network.

Only good news is that my headphones came today :P
    but still need to sort this fan out.

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Flex, I think you're at the point where you're going to need to open the laptop up and see what you can do about it. Your owner's manual should have some information about "performing surgery" on your machine. The only other thing you can do is wait for a catastrophic failure of the system but then the machine is gone. Don't wait too much longer.

10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

It's always the way when you buy something and it gets towards the end of it's guarantee and it breaks down (either then or after it runs out).

If it is still under warranty your best bet is to send it back. If they see that you have opened it up "Sorry Sir your warranty is Null and Void, tough S@@T." :x

When it comes to laptops, go into PC World and look at the Acers. If you buy from PC World they will try to sell you an extended 3 year warranty on the machine. WHY!!! Acer already give a 3 year RTB warranty on all laptops so why are PC World trying to sell another warranty on it. :eek:

OK I'm off my soapbox now. I just hate it when ordinary people are getting screwed!

TTFN

AJ

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Oh heck, if it's still under warranty, make them send a tech out to work on it. They can have the headache of dealing with it and you can look over the tech's shoulder and kibbitz. :twisted: