Losing interest Help.

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by dales, May 1, 2007.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

I've passed the 271 a while ago and have been studying for my 272, but I find myself rapidly losing interest in studying for it. I am getting about 70% on test exams, have just signed up for measure up as the transcender ones are losing their value because some questions I have memorised. However i have just got myself a new job which has a mixed environment of windows linux and novell, so im teaching myself about linux (have used it on and off for the past 5 years or so). trouble is I find myself wanting to learn more about server things, i.e. im looking towards getting mcsa eventually. So im wondering should I continue on and start learning 290 and keep doing the odd bit of 272 then finish off with 272 and maybe 270 at the other end of the msca.

some inspirational quotes would be good to kick start me back into 272.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Book your exam for two months time. That way you will have no choice but to focus your attentions on what is immediately in front of you. Once you pass you can learn what ever you like! :biggrin

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Remember you can use the MSDST as an elective for the MCSA and also the 70-270 is the OS MCP so you are on the right track for the MCSA and the 'server stuff' :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

thanks for that I'll keep studying I think and get my feet under the table of the new place then organise some exam time. thanks for that I think at the moment my main issue with the 272 is that i'm kinda in the jac of all trades position so I dont have any specific things that I need to learn its all brushing up. also I cant find eval copy of office xp or 2003 anywhere, did have one til feb but that expired, went to register again but it appears ms are rather keen on us all having 2007. (it appears on all the cover cd's of mags i've bought recently).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing