Looking to study A+...No IT background at all

Discussion in 'A+' started by Jaymo, May 24, 2008.

1. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

suppose it beats £2500 though. Im still on the self study route and so far its cost me £30.

The line about the HR consulting department just sounded like such a sales line it made me think scam :lol:

Patrulheiro, did you try the self study route for long or just buy the books then sign up to the training company?

WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Some people need help whilst studying which is fine, what some people don't realise even after getting advice on here is that they can get continuing support on here and its free :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Yes theres nothing wrong with using a training company and i was reading a thread in the training section where somebody said how it was the best thing he had ever done, i do however feel its probably worth giving the main companies a miss and looking into it a lot before handing over the cash, the same thread as i mentioned before is actually about the guy advising 5 questions you need to ask before using a training provider, good information to try and help people get the best service for their cash.

WIP: A+
  4. disarm

disarm Byte Poster

With regards to people who want to train to get in to IT. It's important that you're interested in what you're studying, otherwise it's going to be a lot harder to take it all in. I've helped tutor people with no interest in IT whatsoever, and they've really struggled. If you like computers as a hobby, then that's a good start.

5. Patrulheiro

Patrulheiro Bit Poster

I did self study for over 3 months, and I do agree that self study is really the best way. What I will have from the company, the help with the CV and some hands on experience, made me sign with then. I try to avoid to think this is a scam and think as a second boost to my studies!! It is not what they give to you, but how much you take from them!!!

6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Not being fuuny, I do see your point. But you can get hand on experience by getting an old PC from a recycling centre or junk shop and playing about with it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Patrulheiro

Patrulheiro Bit Poster

I'm doing this also:biggrin.. Man, I am doing EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO GET ME BACK ON IT!!!