1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Work

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Rich_S, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Rich_S

Rich_S New Member

Hey Everyone

I was just wondering is it worth me looking for an entry level job whilst I am starting out with my self study.
    I currently work in banking but have always wanted to work with computers sort of fell into the banking bit. I have got my own experience with computers all of which self taught. I am starting with the A+ and then goign on from the to do the N+ and after that MCDST as you all recommend. Also is there any good recruitment agencies out there?

Thanks

Richard

WIP: CompTia A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The sooner you get a job the better, if left too long the pay drop may end up being too much.

Not sure on recruitment agencies but most are crap.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Yes

Good plan :)

Good agencies, yes. For the IT field... Not that I've seen. I use to work for 2 agencies: Office Angels and Select (in Watford) and both agencies had tons of works (admin work). However when it came to IT work, after I moved to the Northants area, I signed up with 5 different agencies and not one of them offered me IT work, in fact a couple offered me warehouse work (even though I specified IT), go figure...

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I found the best place to look was cwjobs.co.uk i got lots of calls from various agencies when I was looking, the downside of it being it is mostly CV based so you have to make sure its up to the task.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012