Looking for "study buddy or mentor"

Discussion in 'Network+' started by SirInsomniac, Sep 21, 2012.

1. SirInsomniac

SirInsomniac Bit Poster

Hi Everyone,
    I've just started my CompTIA Networking + exam, and sat my first mock test...scoring only 66% :( I'm not fortunate enough to be working in an IT environment at the moment, and would be interested in anyone that can help me get my head around IP addressing, CIDR and subnetting as these are the areas where I scored poorly....ideally someone that can talk me through it over Skype would be great...if it's someone that's also studying this course, then I hope I'll be able to return the favor later on.

Thanks,

SirInsomniac

Certifications: VSP, CCSP, MCSP
    WIP: CompTIA Networking+, CCNA, MCITP, VTSP
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Where abouts in Essex are you?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. SirInsomniac

SirInsomniac Bit Poster

Hi SimonD,
    I live in a little town called Chelmsford, so not far away from Colchester.

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well I can't do anything this weekend as I am away on a business trip on Sunday but quite happy to catch up one weekend if you want to.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. SirInsomniac

SirInsomniac Bit Poster

That'd be great, thanks SimonD....muchos gracias... I'll drop you a message with my skype address, and my email and just let me know when is good for you. :-)

6. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

I lived in Colchester a few years back. Moved to Kent to be a bit nearer London. Kent...:dry

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  7. SirInsomniac

SirInsomniac Bit Poster

Never been to colchester myself, only moved to essex a couple of months ago...I'm a Buckinghamshire boy originally...seems nice enough though. :)

8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Glad to say I am not an Essex boy, unfortunately my son is :(

Colchester isn't too bad to be honest, I was based there for 5 years during my time in the Army and never thought I would be back, been living here for 5 years now.

I will contact you when I am back (still overseas with work atm).

9. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

FU :D

Anyway Colchester is hardly the stereotypical image of Essex, its such a nice area - been to Trotters Bar a few times for the Starcraft Meetup.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  10. SirInsomniac

SirInsomniac Bit Poster

Boffy, you're a prolific poster! :-)

- - - Updated - - -

No worries, I'll catchup with you then..hope you're somewhere sunny :)

11. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Romania which isn't too bad weather wise :) certainly better than the UK at the moment :)

12. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Ditto! I'm sure our sons'll forgive us!

Colchester's nice. Quite clean compared to most places, and one of the few places south of Birmingham where you can say "Hello" to a stranger and they'll say "hello" back without looking at you like you just inappropriately touched a pensioner.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  13. SirInsomniac

SirInsomniac Bit Poster

ok, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the offers of help...I'm actually almost finished the course now, just the security elements to cover off, and then I'm booking my exam. :-)