1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for job hint

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by dales, Apr 10, 2009.

1. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

Hi all,

Thought I'd share an idea I had this evening with you ( I suspect some of you may already do this).
    When I upload my cv again, I am going to get one of those free pay as you go sim cards you see advertised free everywhere (in fact one came with something I ordered just last week so might as well use that). I'll use that as my contact details for all the sites that I re-register with. Then just collect all the messages that arrive and reply to the interesting ones.

Once I've found something and hopefully got a job, then I'll just chuck the sim away and then wont get hounded by recruitment agencies after that. I have not put my cv out on the since I got my last job 2 years ago but still get the occasional call from recruiters and of course the old cv they have on file is nothing like what I would be looking for now.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I use a Skype-In number for a similar purpose. Works well.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It is a good idea however I got my first Network Manager job by having my CV on file, I got a random phone call from a company that had kept my CV when I applied for another job which I did'nt get.

Perhaps keep the second phone as your 'job' phone so recruiters dont hassle you on your main number.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  4. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

I like to think of it as the 'bat' phone ! :biggrin I do get some funny looks when I turn up to interviews with my utility belt !

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH