1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for cheap?discounted UK MS exam vouchers

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by j1mgg, May 29, 2012.

1. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right section but was looking for somewhere to buy cheap/discounted vouchers to take my 70-270 exam

Is it correct that they no longer do second shot exan vouchers?

cheers

Jim

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi,

here's the webpage that you need to keep an eye on:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/special-offers.aspx

But you're right in saying that they have not offered their "15% off plus free resit" type vouchers this year.
    I don't know that this is a decision not to offer them ever again in the future though.

In the mean time you can either buy the MS Press book (as these include a 15% off voucher) or take a look on ebay for Prometric vouchers up for sale - they do tend to have a short expiry date generally.

Neither option gives the free re-sit though, unfortunately.

HTH.

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  4. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

I've always kinda wonder how these things work, I looked at them a few years ago and just have had another peek. On the international page it says an MS exam voucher is 135USD, so depending on the exchange rate your saving about a tenner on the exam price.

I've never been able to justify a 10 pound saving against the risk of getting a voucher from a third party and then hoping that it'll work on prometric I maybe wrong though.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

You always have to be careful regarding scammers, but the Certify4Less compTIA also included some cramsheets and saved me something like £15 per exam (£30 in total, nothing to be ignored).

Simply get the voucher code in email within a few days, enter it onto the booking site and it confirms all payments have been done.

If it didn't work, I had paid by PayPal so would have disputed it...that's one bonus of PayPal 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  6. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Im glad i just come across this thread and read that as i have the book but hadnt noticed there was a 15% voucher in there lol. Thanks.

Also the GetCertify4Less website for vouchers, i can clarify that it is fine to use. I used it for both my Network+ and A+ and had no problems what so ever.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  7. RudeNot2

RudeNot2 New Member

I picked up a short expiry (30th June '12) voucher from eBay for £57 :-) Took a day or so to be emailed but no trouble in using it. Like a previous poster mentioned, provided you pay via PayPal then you have some coverage if things go pete tong. Just search for Prometric. The day after I purchased it there were some going for the end of June at £15 :-( Sod's law - no chance of studying for another exam in the time available!!

Dave

Certifications: MCSE NT4 2000 Citrix XP Admin
    WIP: Win 7 & 2K8R2
  8. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I actually did a live chat with eBay a few weeks ago about, amongst other things, the MS vouchers. You aren't covered if it goes titsup, as it's not a tangible thing. Same thing with vouchers etc.

9. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Cheers for the replies and hopefully get it booked soon.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  10. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

I recently bought a prometric voucher of ebay for 60 pounds. No problems. It was dated end of june.

I just choose someone with high feedback.

Unfortunately I have not got the money to justify paying more than 60 quid.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.