Looking for an album from Stephen Barton

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by g.vangemerden, Nov 19, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am very calm Sparky don't worry about that, I just don't like it when someone jumps to a conclusion about someone before they know the facts.

But its ok now.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

And I'm giving good advice here as well. When I want something badly enough, I do what it takes to get it done. If my mom bought me RAM and a game, and I needed to pass the A+ exam but couldn't afford to do so, I'd sell the RAM and game. If GBL chooses to do differently, that's fine, because that's where his priorities lie.

I repeat... whatever decision he makes is absolutely fine. I'm just showing him a different way of looking at the situation that could be advantageous to him in the long term. We're currently discussing it through PM.

We all make choices. If you want something bad enough, you'll make it happen. Trust me, I love gaming... there's little I love more than playing a computer game. But if it's keeping me from something I NEED... it's gotta go. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Cool :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

This isn't the Acme Judgment Company. We don't have to micromanage the personal decisions of our members in how they run their day-to-day lives. That said, here's what I'm seeing:

GBL (cool av BTW...I used to watch those old "Green Hornet" episodes where Bruce Lee played Kato), posted some information that seemed to indicate he was planning on making some high ticket purchases in the near future.

Out of brotherly concern (I'll make that assumption here), a couple of other members happened to recall that GBL was having some debt-related issues which he posted on CF and they expressed their concerns.

Turns out that GBL isn't making those purchases, they're Christmas gifts from family members.

What it comes down to as far as I can see, is that this issue has hijacked this thread from it's original topic (Looking for an album from Stephen Barton) and it needs to be put back on course. Those of you who care about GBL's well being and are concerned that he may be getting in over his head (whether this is actually the case or not) can PM him and express your concerns there.

What I'm also seeing is that GBL has established that the assumptions previously made about his possible upcoming spending have turned out to not be true. What I'm *not* seeing is the folks who made the assumptions saying something like "Sorry, mate. My bad" or words to that effect (just the opposite, in fact).

Frankly, I don't want this thread to turn into yet another emotionally charged string of exchanges about how folks feel perfectly justified in "shooting from the hip". If you want to respond to my statements here, please PM me and I'll be glad to discuss them with you each individually.

Now please let's return this thread to the path it started out on (which has nothing to do with GBL's upcoming plans). End of rant.

EDIT: Ok, just reread the latest posts and it seems like things are working out better than I had previously assumed (yes, I can do that, too). If you all are handling this, I'll butt out. Cheers.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Didn't really have a chance to... I got jumped on by UCM right out of the gate!

GBL and I already got our deal sorted out through PM, and I think (hope) we're good now. Thanks! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

You're right. It's not our responsibility to offer advice to anyone here with their finances. I should not have said anything at all. I do apologize and promise that it will not happen again.

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

OK - so getting back to thread does anyone else know of any other COD websites out there or know where to get hold of the sound track??

Also is COD4 better than COD2 considering it is not set in WWII?

After playing COD4 it did remind me of Counter Strike?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. greenbrucelee

Just want to say thanks for that Trip, I wont get an apology infact apparently I should sell the Christmas presents so I can take the A+ exams.

Well I will leave it at that.

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I think I just read BB's apology so no worries there. On with the show, gang.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Well it's has i thought the sound track won't be released until next year unless you can find a converter.8)

However I have just found this useful website that has sound tracks for video games and films:-

SCORENOTES

If you look under the library section theres the sound track for medal of honor in MP3 format

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  11. greenbrucelee

I think it was of an apology to you, for hijacking the thread.

I think its far better than COD2, COD3 wasn't that good and yes they do seem to have taken some elements from counter strike, when I play multiplayer that will probably be more evident.

As for the music I may get the CD or wait and see if they get released on Fileshack etc.