looking for a job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Andre, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

Hi,

I've just passed my A+ so I think it is about time to get some/any job with computers [​IMG]. But how should I start looking for it. Agencies require high qualifications, years of comercial experience and so on. And what I am looking for is to get into that industry. So for the beginning anything will do.
    Could you give me some advice how to start looking for the right employer because what they say is that 60 % of job vacancys are never advertised. SO where are they?

Regards

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Its not just agencies that require years of experience etc..

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. sbarks

sbarks New Member

hi

A+ cert is for technicians with approx 6 months experience, and is really to validate that experience, most IT focused vacancies are for peeps with 2 years experience, I would suggest looking at helpdesk for a short period to get experience then apply for more upmarket jobs, if you look on cw jobs they have some helpdesk vacancies now requiring A+, so that is maybe the way things are going in IT, and be prepared when answering agencies job vacancies to do a short online telephone quiz, interview, (IT recruitment agencies) as for finding jobs never advertised then maybe these companies favour nepotism .

IMHO

steve