London

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Im heading into London tomorrow morning, for a couple of days training some users (bit of a meet and greet too). I'll be staying in Covent Gardens Travellodge. Anyone have any good suggestions of somewhere to eat (not too expensive though)?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

McDonald's :D

Certifications: A few.
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Covent Garden is a bit of a tourist trap - there are eating places every few feet there. I'd personaly try a few streets away, say towards 7 dials.

Practicaly every sort of food in the world can be found in that area - so it will depend on what you like!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

You've probably been there before, and have them in Scotand, but TGI Friday's at Covent Garden is a favourite of mine. Gaucho Grill is another favourite, brilliant for steaks. There are a few of them dotted around London which you could get to without too much trouble!

Alot of it depends on how expensive is too expensive!? :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Fergal1982

Im on a business trip, so its expenses paid. But i cant take the piss with it, and i have to pay it myself first and claim it back after.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

If its expensable hit the Gaucho my man
    50 quid should do you right for a decent meal and drink,

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Fergal1982

In the end, I wasnt eating on my todd. went out with some of the people from the office to maida vale(?) to watch some of the guys play some football with some of the contractors.

From there it was off to Paddington to a bar called The Union. and then off back to the Covent area (ish - I think) to a chinese called Kung Fam, or something similar. It was near the office anyway.

Busy night. and still in bed by 1200

8. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Love it lol:clap

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  9. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

F@@@in hell, i wanna banquet of kebabs and unlimited stella for that price mate.:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

And the rest :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009