London terrorist Bomb

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Headache, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/29/london.bomb.reut/

Please take care all you good London folks out there. We're praying for you. May God keep you safe.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

It's ok mate, they found it in time this time :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

They reported on one channel, the car had gas cylinders in it and boxs and nails stacked around them also, one big nail bomb, pure evil!

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Thank God it was disarmed, so many of my friends and family work in London, it is becoming more and more worrying.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

I'd be more worried about the freedoms and liberties they are losing over time than any damage a bomb can cause mate

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

pretty scary stuff.. just wont show my folks cause its the one thing that scares them with me studying in london but i guess its gonna be all over the news now. I got to be honest i havent ever been scared in london especially on the tube but i have been alert - you have to be in this time of age. :(

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23402331-

Latest updates indicate that the target appears to be the Tiger Tiger Club in London's West End.

So are clubbers being targetted now ?

I'm curious. Is the bomb the result of some grudge against that particular club, or is there some deeper ideological motive ?

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Terrorists usually put their bombs where they'll kill and maim the most people. Let's say the thing was set to go off Friday night when a popular club was sure to be packed with customers. It's the same reason why suicide bombers in Tel Aviv target ice cream shops on a hot day, pizza parlors and shopping malls.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Tiger Tiger on a friday night is stonked, thats why it was a target
    Bombs are made to kill people, the more the better

10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Much deeper than that.. i just hope london doesnt become a car-bomb city! :(

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  11. ay5000

ay5000 Bit Poster

As a Muslim in UK my fears are how some people will blame the actions of a few individuals on all the Muslims within British society.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+, ACDT & ACPT
  12. Lee

Lee Nibble Poster

It seems that the views of the minority are always inflicted on the majority.

Generally speaking, people will start to view Muslims with suspicion, even contempt, just as the hardline Muslims will view non Muslims as viable targets (they don't mind if they kill Muslims either). After all, what does a terrorist look like?

I for one won't judge a whole religion based on the actions of a very small minority. Even so, I saw a car near Gatwick apparently broken down with a Muslim walking away and definitely had my suspicions raised.

Certifications: A+ C Programming
    WIP: Network+
  13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Unfortunatley some people will see all muslims as terrorists and some people will also see Islam as a terrorist religion. What I do have to say though is that most terrorists do follow a religion such as Catholic, Islam and Christinaity. I have read the Koran and the Bible and I dont follow either faith but in each of those books (and that is what I believe they are) there are parts where you can take them one way and say that bit means we have to kill people who dont follow our beliefs or you can take it another way and say they dont believe lets try to help them understand (but not coerce).

Usually though its the first way

I have muslim freinds and they condem the attacks.

But we must look at the fact that this war is now going into the next decade because of the wests foreign polocies and the fact that it thinks it can intefere in someones country when they dont want it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. ay5000

ay5000 Bit Poster

I have noticed an increase in weird stares and where once I would be returned with a smile, nowadays when I smile at someone often I get eyes-to-the-ground in return. My appearance would immediately suggest to you that I am a Muslim and probably practicing due to a light beard on my face. But with the way the media has covered the threat of terrorism, I have to be realistic and expect this kind of reaction now in the UK, and try to accommodate to it.

It's strange when you're born in this country, raised here and grow-up feeling like a Brit that is accepted as a Muslim, to have that suddenly taken away and be made to feel like a criminal for being Muslim, being yelled at by same racists to "go home" -- where would people like me go? No place but this country is home for so many of us. If I went to the ME or Asia I can not speak the language, I do not fit in, I am an outsider -- do I go there just because the majority share the same religion as me??

A lot of troubling times ahead for Muslims in the UK.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+, ACDT & ACPT
  15. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

It seems to go back in Belfast about 10 years ago.Maybe is worst
    i suppose.
    The english police seems to know how to face terrorism anyway.
    What i hated more in Belfast was loosing the freedom to walk or park my car where i wanted to do.
    Or force myself to keep my mouth shout becouse i didn't know who was listening.
    Hope this horrible time will be over soon.

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680