Logon scripts for printing

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by lenroy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. lenroy

lenroy New Member

Hi Guys,

Been watching the forums for the pass few months and decided to post for the first time.

I want to use vb script to map printers when users logon to there PC's. What i want to achieve is to have one script if possible that will include every printer but will only install the printer relevant to each room.

Can anyone please help with this problem?

Cheers
    Len.

2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

You could have a look over this thread for starters.

Welcome to the forum

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Also how about introducing yourself in the relevent place :wink:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. lenroy

lenroy New Member

Hi ThomasMC,

Thanks for the info but the problem is i have 12 OU's within each OU there are 4 rooms with 4 printers in each. What i want to acheive is to use VBS Longon and link the script at each OU and have the printer created for each room independent of every other room.

Thanks

Len

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Well you could fiter how the script is executed with security groups. Basically if you create a security group in AD, call it RoomA (or whatever) and add the computer accounts that are in that room to the security group you can then use the groups in the script.

In the script it will be something like...

If computer member of RoomA then add printer else do nothing

8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs