Liverpool FC

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What has happened to them? Beaten by Portsmouth! :eek:

Thats the weekend coupon up already. Time for a beer......

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Popular opinion appears to be that the only reason Benitez hasn't been sacked, is because the club can't afford to sack him - somewhere in the region of £20m he'd get for going, or so the media says.

Personally, I have to scoff at him still being in a job, and Mark Hughes losing his because the club is owned by an impatient brat who thinks he has an ant farm, thinking a club can buy and build success this quickly.

Grr.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

I know.. good innit!!!:biggrin

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  4. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Just got back from getting wrecked and fat at Liverpool's ground and even the legends of yesteryear had nothing good to say about their performance yesterday. . . . .

I'd say something good about my Blue Boys only their a disgrace right now. . . . sick of this relegation sh***

Sincere Regards

Mr K

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Gah, even Man U got hammered. Whats going on in the premiership? :eek:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Look on the bright side. At the weekend FC Barcelona became the first team in the history of football ever to do the sextuplet.

Arguably the only side to come close was the Ajax side of 1972 who managed a quintuplet. No sixth cup existed then though.

Even still, adding on an extra cup and winning that too makes FC Barcelona the better team in my opinion. I doubt we'll see another sextuplet again for many years.

VISCA BARCA! The official best team in football history.

110% FACT. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  7. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

proof that money can't buy the league, even Chelsea could only manage a draw. I might actually have to start taking a proper interest again if this keeps up, anything to get past the depression caused by my non-league lot not managing a win in god knows how long....

and the less said about my ladies teams recent performances the better :dry

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  8. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

You know portsmouth have sort of always been a bogey team with us, like luton town were to us in the 80s. Though i think ourside is devoid of any confindence at the moment. But as for benitez i think wed be 'wise' to see how we do at the end of the seaon and he gets the top four finish then see for another season maybe.

This time last year we were top and looking good for it an all, with winning games that we were going behind in and showing full confidence. Losing alonso really should not make a whole team crumble but it has as there are plemty of games were he came on last seaon and turned it around. The real reason why he left was because Gareth Barry was being lined up to replace him, now Barry is an ok player and hes very far from that of the standard of Alonso. That and the fact we had Steven Gerrard going on record saying we needed Barry doesnt exactly help, is Gerrard involved with who we buy now??? I know we have built a team supposedly around the like of Carra and Gerrard but they are both past their best.

I think if we were to get a new manager then we sould see a mass exodus of the spanish players who are there. Starting again from scratch will again set us back and yet again the mancs will be sneering and laughing at what is going on.

Another point in regards to Benitez being sacked is have you seen what he has had to work with in the likes of Gillet and Hicks. If warning from history tell you one thing its that Joint anything dont work, remember Houllier/Evans partnership. He seems to have to fight to get anysort of funding, I mean for the alonso deal they only just let him have the monay to buy aquillani, who is more injury prone than bryan robson.

Personally i like benitez, give him a tad more tiome to turn things around because lets face it, who are we going to get to replace him, i mean who wants to come to a clube were the pressure to win is so enourmous and you also have to contend with the fact that your owners are like little schoolboys, who share a toy that they only want because they thoiught it would get them a quick profit.

As for Mark hughesi dont know if they should of given him the time, maybe when they took over they should of brought their own bloke in from the start, but it was inevitable that the expectations were optimistically high for him.

One more point which is for all players who dont have confidence in their manager, when you go to work for your 100k a week wages, do you have the right to question him, or come out with comments on TV like, oh yeah the lads were up for this one, or we just couldnt get going. I think all managers should have the right to take players wages away. Like win the game and you get rewarded, draw the game and you get 50% lose the game and you gfet 10% of your wage. I say this because it sickens me that people who make thier respective team thir pride and joy and go to every game, spend all theat money and all that time travelling just to see a game like portsmouth.

Rant over

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680