Liverpool FC - whats up?!?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I like to gamble – lots of money!

For the last few weeks Liverpool have done me outta some serious cash – when are they gonna start winning again?!?!

On the beers tonight to ease the pain! :biggrin

Any 'pool fans out there gonna help me......

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

6 losses in the last 10 games. ouch!!

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Sparky

Dalglish must go! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

*Moved to The Lounge*

Nah, its all too easy to sack the manager, in the first half of the season he was King Kenny and things were back on track. Give the man time to create a squad, its the players that need a great kick up the rear. Paid way too much and act like little girls. I love my football but money has taken over from where passion used to be, the players are only interested in the money and status and the club means nothing to them anymore.

5. Sparky

Just worked out that I would have won £1,700 if Liverpool had beat Villa the other day – arrrgh! Not bad for a £8 bet.

Anyways – that team needs some major work. If they don’t beat Blackburn tomorrow I won’t be happy.

6. Sparky

Ok, whats up with Spurs now!?!??! :biggrin

7. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Considering that was Liverpool's 9th home draw in the league I'm wondering why you bet on them to win.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  8. Sparky

Why? It was against Aston Villa - not exactly a difficult game for Liverpool. :)

9. SimonV
    Honorary Member

No wonder you hit the beers mate! Thats football for you.

10. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

With 8 draws and two losses at home prior to playing Villa I would say every home game is looking difficult for Liverpool.

11. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

As a Spurs fan, I would normally be quick to run 'Pool down for their shocking form, but currently i'm in no position to talk! lol.

I think Kenny and Suarez must leave 'Pool personally, I think over the last few months the pair of them have made a laughing stock out of the club, which can't possibly help morale etc around the place. The way Suarez has acted was poor and in bad judgement, but the way Kenny then had them all wearing t shirts in support and backed him when he didn't shake Evra's hand, just laughable in my opinion. Once something has turned bad in the club then I say get shot!

As a Spurs fan, we have similar issues right now with 'Arry and his head being turned with the England job. We've been poor since as the morale has gone, confusion creeps in etc as no one knows what's going on. If I was Levy, find a new manager, get a contract in place and let 'Arry know he can go in the summer, or sooner if he wishes. We need a good clear out this year, I can see 'Arry, Modric and Bale all leaving. Just hope we hold out for the right price for them and then spend that money well!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  12. SimonV
    Honorary Member

Do you think he will go for the England job? He seems like he love club football too much.

13. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I think he will, I think he has been trying to engineer a job to do both, but that just wont work IMO. I think he will go for it, he has never hidden his desire to manage England as the pinnacle of a career, and at his age he's not likely to get another chance.

I worry about him a bit as England manager though, although he has done well with Spurs, he has for the most part been blessed with some quality players. Tactically he is a little suspect, which I think will really show on the national arena. Ironically, since he has been linked with the England job his tactical choices, with the exception of our game against Swansea have been worse than ever.

I like 'Arry, but not sure he will manage well on the National stage. Time will tell though I guess, assuming he does go for the job.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  14. UncleBeard

UncleBeard Nibble Poster

As a lifelong Everton fan I hope LFC's dismal run continues on Saturday :D, but local derby matches tend to throw form books out of the window. The momentum is with Everton, but that will mean nothing at Wembley. Have my fingers crossed though

Certifications: MOS 2003, 2007 and 2010, Master 2003, 2007 and 2010, MMI 2003, MCT, ITIL Foundation
    arnold likes this.
  15. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

As a life long Liverpool fan I think we should give 'King Kenny' one more season in charge. I know he has bought a few players that are over-priced especially Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing. Liverpools problem is they need wingers to supply the forwards especially Carroll and Liverpool have not had them for at least 20 years. I would like to see Maxi Rodriguez get more games because he seems to be in the right place at the right time, especially with them two goals he scored tonight.

I think Jordan Henderson will be a class player in a year or two, think he is there to replace Gerrard but given time he will come good. I just hope Downing next season starts to play better because he has been shocking this season (well the whole team). We also need to play to Carroll's strenghts and get the service in to him but its not happening.

As for Saturday's Semi-Final I hate to say this but i think we will get beat.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  16. Sparky

At least you guys got a result tonight - might end the season on a high.

17. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Playing for 7th place lol. Not good enough...

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  18. Sparky

True - at least it wasnt a draw this time!! Put Liverpool down for a win but when it went to 2-2 I thought "here we go again!"

19. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

You know people saying Dalglish should go are off their rockers, i think he deserves at least another season. As for Suarez to go, no chance as for the evra thing, oh am i sick of hearing about this, then i think its all over and... oh no, Glen Johnson decides to speak out??

The team needs to take a long hard look at themselves, big time. Charlie Adam needs to learn how to tackle and when to tackle, he simply cant do it and gives away the stupidest free kicks. Andy Carroll needs to be a striker who gets in the box, the amount of time ive seen him on the halfway line trying to sprint to the box is unbelievable, personally i think strikers should be very quick, like bellamy, now theres a bloke who fights for his team. Carrol went down to easy the other day for a pen, however in his defence we simply havent supplied him the crosses, but i also dont think the team have confidence in him either. Henderson should be good for the future, and hopefully Shelvey will be as well, as he did pretty good tonight, just needs to loom up more, as bellamy pointed out lol.

Im not bothered that Doni isnt playing saturday, i dont think he would of handled it, i think we may see more of Jones, as we need someone to challenge reina for the no1 GK spot, although i do like reina. Another one for the future is Raheem Sterling, he got a chance a few weeks back and looked nippy. Dont know why we didnt go for defoe, hes class, ive always like him.

Im not even going to attempt to call saturdays match, theres no point, although i really want us to win, as there is a bloke on FB who goes over the top with his derby build ups etc. I have loads of footie mates, mancs, blues etc and we give each other stick, then its over an done with, this blokes just stupid, plus he shoots himself in the foot everytime.

Hopefully well win the semi and the cup as well, then the season wont be as bad, although i hope we sort stuff out for next year, i want champions league back. Also if they sack Kenny, who would you have?? Theres bits floating about Rafa coming back, and i for one wouldnt say no, but id rather Dalglish succeeded with the team.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  20. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I still think you're doing the booze/bet thing the wrong way round.
    You must be pissed to bet on a Liverpool win.