Linux Forum ?

Discussion in 'Linux / Unix Discussion' started by Jakamoko, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey all,

Just been reading around in here, and it seems to me that there is enough interest to justify a dedicated Forum on the subject.

As has been said, we would ideally have a guru ( and guess what - I ain't it !), but in the meantime, just because we don't (unless volunteers, anyone ?), shouldn't mean that our Members can't share various levels of experience / exposure to Linux.

I think it would be useful to even non-Linux users like myself to get a taste for it, develop an interest. We are a site that is all about advancement after all .... :idea:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Totaly agree Jak, and like you I ain't it either.
    We use it at work (mail server and soon file servers) and I would love to get my head around it so you have at least one total Noddy to take the offer up.

Cheers

Andrew

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Thanks for that, Andrew

I'll look into it, and let's see what develops from it. I personally find even just talking with others about a subject can make you more interested, if not more aware.

I think the Linux Forum is a great idea (SimonV :P ), and let's face it, we will have a guru sooner or later.

What about a prize for the first CertForums member to gain Linux certification ? How about First Prize, a year's subscription to "Jakamoko's Outlook on Life, Laptops and Lap Dancing" (Second Prize, a two year subscription... :P ) :?:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  4. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

I've thought about doing a Linux cert but i must get the MCSE out of the way first
    :D

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Since we now have a Linux Discussion forum, maybe it would be helpful to move this particular thread (if technically possible) to that venue to avoid confusion and keep all the Linux talk in one area. Just a thought.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

And as if by magic .... :salut