Linux: Denemo

Discussion in 'Linux / Unix Discussion' started by Fergal1982, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Has anyone used denemo before? Its a musical score composition program thats a GUI for lilypond.

I cant seem to get it to play any sound at all. No idea what im doing wrong though. Any suggestions?

Also, on the subject of linux (im too lazy to start another thread) - how can i make linux browse different folders without opening a new window?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I don't know. How do you make Windows browse a folder without opening a new window? Simply put, I don't understand your question.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. Fergal1982

Windows can be set so that when you are in the expolorer, and double-click on a folder, it opens that folder using the same window, rather than opening a whole new window each time you open a folder.

In short, when im using the browser to navigate the filesystem, i dont want to end up with about 20 different windows open, and have to close them all. I want one window that I use to navigate, which updates with the contents of the new target folder.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  4. Fergal1982

Easy fix for this - open a window, then Edit>> Preferences>> Behaviour >> "Always Open in Browser Windows"

5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

OK. I understand your question now. I never use a browser for working with files unless it's something like html help files or HowTo's written in html.

When I use the gui to navigate the file system I use Nautilus as it's much handier, but normally I navigate the file system using the bash prompt as it's much, much faster. I like the Tree configuration in the left-hand panel for navigating directories, and use the right-hand panel for opening the directories. It's much faster and much easier for me to browse that way when using the gui.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1