Less Questions in 70-272 transcender

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Davidh1819, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

hi all

i recently purchased transcender for exam 70-272 however there are only 40 questions in each practise exam as opposed to the 59 questions per exam that i got for 70-271 has anyone else hade the same experiance? i payed the same amount of money for both exams suites so one would expect the same amount of questions rite?

thank you

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not exactly. Good practice exams will often prepare you for the number of questions you are likely to see on the live exam. And Transcender has traditionally provided 3x the number of questions that you'll encounter, giving you three unique exams that are of similar length to the live exam.

Another thing to consider is this: if everything you need to know can be covered in 120 questions... why would you need to wade through 177 questions? Speaking as someone who writes these things for a living, there's no reason for them to create those extra 57 questions when they'll just be rehashes of what you've already tested on. In other words, they won't really provide you any extra value.

Just remember, the important thing isn't how many questions you get... the important thing is whether it prepares you for the live exam. ;)

Hope this helps!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!