Learnkey DVD problem.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by mattgrey, Oct 7, 2006.

1. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

Hi all. I have aquired a copy of the full Learnkey a+ course on a single DVD. It contains all the cd's (11 in total I think) that install into a virtual drive it creates on my hardrive.

It all installs fine, creates the virtual drive, I can load into this drive any of the 11 disks ready for use. I am presented with a simple log on screen, it ask for my user name and password which I enter. It then asks which module I want to do, I select the one that is loaded in the virtaul drive but nothing happens. I am left loking at the module selection screen.

If I explore the virtual drive, I can watch any mpegs in there, but I cannot run the course material.

Has anyone eles come accross this and know of a solution?

Thanks all.

Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+
  2. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

hmm, just seen a similar thread that mentions use of MP9 not 10? Will check I am on MP9. Any other suggestoins appreciated.

3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

...i think learnkey requires mediaplayer 10. works fine on mine... what emulating software are you using?

4. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

Not sure in all honesty, came bundled with an emulator. Looking at the disk could it be svcd7?

Have updated MP to v10, also rolled back to v9. Flash is up to date as well (I think the software uses flash??) I'm using XP pro.

5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You should contact Learnkey first. If their stuff doesn't work on installation it is first of all their problem!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

mattgrey,

Did the Learnkey DVD come with a book?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  7. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

I think it is safe to say that this particular version would not be supported by their helpdesk:wink: !

8. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

then that maybe the problem and in all honestly i thought that was the case, as when i got my learnkey cds i had no emulator built in...

i did image the cds on my hdd and used it that way, but in anycase, you stil have not mentioned what emulating software you used... alchol 192 worked fine...

the username and password... are they correct?

9. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

Have got it going now. Installed it on my PC and it's fine! Using same software versions as the laptop that I was trying to run it originally?:blink

10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I would just like to add at this point that CF does not under any circumstances condone the use of unlicenced or pirated material. If you have purchased these products and found them to be pirated, then you should contact the manufacterers. Solutions to using pirated software will not be supported on the forum.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong