1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learndirect - IT Pro courses.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Modey, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I just had a look at the LD site so I could post a link to another site and they seem to have updated their content a fair bit when it comes to IT Professional courses.

It used to be the case (as far as I know it still is) that if you were unemployed you can sign onto LD courses for free and use them to help better yourself and gain new skills.

The company I used to work for was amongst other things a provider of LD courses and they uses to get their techs to sit through quite a few of them. Back when I did this it was A+ 2003, and Server 2000 style courses. They did vary in quality but generally were pretty good.

Might be worth checking out anyway ...

http://www.learndirect.co.uk/browse/homeofficeit/computer_security/

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

Good find Modey. The CCNA CBT is only £50 which is cheap. If its free for the unemployed thats brilliant!

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

MY mate did an A+ course with them which was free, the only issue was that he had to stay at the coolege in durham for the duration

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. sensui619

sensui619 Bit Poster

A+ for free..Im unemployed i shall give LD a call. So you say ur frend stayed in durham was it cuz it being a class room based training?

5. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

:rocks Modey

I'll going to have a look at UNIX Systems if read right no qualification at end. Can't grumble at 50 quid unemployed or not.

Also had a look at IT1/IT2 Security for Users with qualifications ITQ.
    I don't know if an ITQ mean much with no real hands on experience.

Thanks

6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

As far as I am aware, none of the courses offer a qualification, but are designed to teach the subject / skills. Most of them map directly to a particular qual or cert though, so there is nothing to stop you taking that after using them to learn your stuff.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  7. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Excellent find Modey, I have previously looked at LD but didnt find they had a lot. I might take on the A+ 601 course and see how I get on as I need a kick with my A+ at the minute so this could help.
    Anybody else tried LD courses?

WIP: A+
  8. alebleicker

alebleicker Bit Poster

well it seems very interesting, I'm studying towards my MCSA now, maybe will be worth to get some study material from them.
    Did anyone try them ?

Certifications: A+,N+,70-270,70-290
    WIP: MCSA
  9. pix582

pix582 New Member

just signed on 2day(dole) and i was given a liflet saying Free Training... i poped over to the college and picked up a enrollment form, the only courses on the form tho are English, maths, IT and customer services :S im going to sign up and try get anythink i can but i should be able to fly though it.. so i going to ask if i can be put on the CompTIA A+ aswell... i will post bk when i find out.. tnx for the tip.

Certifications: None :(
    WIP: CompTIA A+