Latest iPods?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Lord Deckard, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Not had my 80GB video for long but I'm still no where near filling it. I'm not to bothered about the 160GB model (yet!) but I have to admit the iPod touch and iPhone are both very appealing. Personally though, I'd be happy if they add the cover flow selection to the existing 5g iPods....
    Anyone picked one up yet? Or any one annoyed that they've just bought an iPod before the price drops?

Lord Deckard.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Apple is the work of the Devil.

Still got my Creative Zen Xtra from four years ago and it works fine. And I only paid ninety quid for it brand new.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

The new iPods look nice, mind you I dont know how well they function since I dont own one. If I had the cash to spend I would get it.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Played with the new iPod Classic at the apple store in San Fran the other day when picking up a few cables

I have to say all the coerflow has done is made the interface laggy as hell, literally scrolling the wheel stuck half the time and took ages to move up and down the menu

and that was the front menu with 8 options, imagine the actual play list with 10000 songs!
    man if it wasnt for the real search feature i wouldnt even be considering one lol, think ill wait till they iron out the performance issues or i can see me lobbing it at the curb!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Don't know that I'd want an iPhone, or iPod, but I wouldn't mind having one of these at all. Skype for all the phone calls, a few apps and more coming all the time as it's open source so any developer who decides they want to can write apps for it, GPS with the Navigation Kit, and WiFi rather than the phone companies. Any hotspot you find, you're on the web for email, phone messages, surfing the net, and I think Google apps will run on this..... It does need the San Disk cards though.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Know what kind of mobile phone I want? One that I can use to make and receive phone calls... and that's it. No MP3 player, no audio recorder, no camera, no data storage, no Internet, no apps or games, no text messaging, not even a bunch of ring tones. I can't begin to tell you how many users I've supported who pay hundreds for a device that does everything, only to find out that, as a phone, it sucks. Give me a reliable phone that works well as a phone.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Too true! But you'll never get street cred that way!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  9. ffreeloader

Yeah, but I don't want a reliable phone, only something that I can use to call out on if I want to. I carried a cell phone, a pager, and a two-way radio for almost 20 years, and to tell the truth I've had my fill of being in contact with everyone 24/7. My time is my time, and if someone wants to talk to me they can just wait until I return their call. I lived at the beck and call of too many people for too long not to want my own time for a change.

That's why the Nokia N800 makes sense to me.

10. BosonMichael

LOL! :biggrin

I'm happy with my Motorola e815... basically, it's just like the Razr without the slimline case... I couldn't make myself spend more "just for looks". Call me practical and boring... :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. BosonMichael

Thankfully, I'm not on call for anything or for anyone (other than the wife and kids). I carry one so I can make calls in the car... and that's about it. Only friends and family call, for the most part. :)

12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

QFT :biggrin

Why would anyone want anything to do with Apple? I mean come on...Apple is only aimed at those who want to show off about how nice and shiny their MP3 player or phone or computer looks...its not an accessory, its part of their sodding furniture...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  13. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've got an N80, and it's a great piece of kit.
    Unfortunately I just use it as a phone.

If I need to take a photo, I'll take a camera.

If I want to listen to music, I'll take my ipod.

The downside of the N80 is that it's fat and heavy.

I tried my hardest to find a phone without a camera, but I couldn't find one...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  14. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

Ordered my iPod Touch today. Not even going to try and rationalise it, i know it's overly expensive & has low capacity, but as soon as I saw it, sensibility got thrown out the window & I knew I had to own one. :)

Apple finally made something I really, really want!

Strangely enough, I detest all things iPhone :blink

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  15. ffreeloader

N80? Or N800?

16. ffreeloader

I'm counting the days until I can afford a Sigma SD14 and a couple of decent zooms.

17. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I picked up the new 8gig nano at the weekend. Been having a play around with it and its excellent. The cover flow works well, havent managed to pick any faults with it so far.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house