1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late Introduction

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by daft_togger, Mar 28, 2009.

1. daft_togger

daft_togger Nibble Poster

Apologies, I've already posted a few things without manners of an introduction.

Name is James, and I've had a mixed career since I graduated in 1999. Started in Financial Services, and hated it, exceedingly mind numbing stuff.

Then in 2003 I got a break, a job as an Executive Assistant to a senior IT chap in a large financial. He took me on as he thought I might have potential, but soon into the role I discovered fast that it was not a management role that interested me, it was the techie stuff......such and such a service when down for 6 mins and xyz was lost in that time....so how did it happen and how can we fix it, but first how does it all hang togeather, so I managed to wing a job in 2nd line support, but soon got bored of that as it was too narrow and trust from 3rd line was not as good as it could have been.

2 Years in that role and I bagged a role in 3rd Line where I am now. Massive jump in technical requirements, and hence why I am doing my MCSE. I'm doing it the hard way I know, but with a positive mind and willingness to commit, I think it can and will be done.

So far have passed the W2K3 Server exam (70-290) and Client Exam (70-620) and am now preparing for the networking W2K3 exam (70-291). :eek: I've passed both exams from doing the MS Course, reading the MS Press books and doing as much at work as I can while at home using VM to learn as I go.

Certifications: 70-290, 70-620
    WIP: 70-291
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. Riaz

Riaz Bit Poster

welcome to CF!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP (70-270)
    WIP: CIW Web Design
  4. Breaker

Breaker Bit Poster

wasssup dog. Welcome to CF, the most tripped out, pimped forums in town. Dont worry yself about the manners my mamma didnt teach me any either.

WIP: A+
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and welcome to CF!

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  7. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!