Last words of wisdom?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by millsie, Jan 23, 2010.

1. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Hi Guys, haven't been on for a while, that's because I been swatting hard for my N+ 2009 coming up on Tuesday! Looking forward to putting my hard work to good use, and to kick start my network career!

Just after some final words of wisdom/help from all, just to give me that extra bit of confidence, any words from peeps who have passed, or network gurus would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much all, and see you on the other side!

Will let you know the outcome :biggrin

Cheers all cert peeps

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I take it you have visited the comptia blog lately ?

http://blog.comptia.org/2010/01/14/addressing-certification-concerns/

If you've not spent your money yet you might want to think about it...

Wisdom for the exam if you're taking it ? Don't sweat it, its a network trivia exam, prep with a good book / cbt, use an examcram book or transcender test simulator and you'll have no trouble !

Maybe use a mnemonic rhyme to remember the 7 layers of the OSI 7 layer model.

http://www.osi7layer.com/

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  3. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Yep, I am aware of the changes, unfortunately I booked and paid for the exam before I knew about the change! There we go! I just wanted to get a basic cert to kick start my career in networking as I am starting CCNA in a weeks time, wanted to try and crack it at the basic level first.

If it turns out I fail (god forbid)! Then I will consider later whether its worth doing again, like peeps have said, its out of order that now they have decided to make you re-certify every 3 years, and it seems the networking community are up in arms!

Anyway, cheers for the advice, I have been using Sybex book and Mike Meyers, and also have 2 large actual and total sem tests for practice, fingers crossed.
    Any other advice for the day would be appreciated.

Cheers all

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  4. darkplayer

darkplayer New Member

Just found out Comptia will honor A+, N+ and Sec+ certs for life, but those who take their exam after "Jan 1, 2011" will have to renew every 3 years.