Last chance

Discussion in 'A+' started by Peter, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

This is hopefuly the last post on this exam Mock,

You administer a windows 2000 server, you use the Microsoft Management console (MMC) Computer Management snap-in to configure and manage various computer resources and settings. which of the following tasks can you compleate with this snap-in

Select 2

A, you can defragment the hard disk
    B, you can create a partition on the hard disk
    C, you can conigure a local area network (LAN) conection
    D, You can create a user account.

I have went with A, B,
    :rolleyes:

Certifications: Elec & Eelc Eng A+
    WIP: CCNA-CCNP
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Once again, the question is rather poorly-written, ie are we on a standalone server, or part of a domain. Also, re partitioning a disk, you would need to know if the disk was currently basic or dynamic.

Depending on the above, theoretically 3 of the 4 answers could be correct, and at the moment you are not wrong in what you have chosen.

Welcome to the cruel and twisted world that is decyphering exam questions, Peter. I bet that whenyou first heard questions were multiple choice you, like me, thought this couldn't be easier :blink

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

Yip that sounds about right.:cry:

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I was thinking more about this after I posted, and I've decided that B, even though theoretically possible, is actually completely impractical. You can have w2k installed on a dynamic volume, but not directly. You would have to have an OS on a basic volume, then setup another disk and make it dynamic, then you could install w2k on it. so, possible, but highly impractical.

Therefore look at your other option in the choice, Peter - should be fairly straight-forward from there ...:)

EDIT: Dammit, I'm thinking too much about this now :oops: Cancel the above (it's correct, but all the same...) . As long as you have unallocated space on your disk, an ordinary installation of w2k can create a partition on there, no probs.

In summary - that is a crap question, badly written !!! :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

Thanx M8.