Laptop stuff

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zxspectrum, Aug 21, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ok saved all my money for a lappy and im being treated like SHI& by a company.

This is the link:
    http://www.acernotebooks.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5613AWLMi_LX.AY50X.062/version.asp?refsource=prunner

It was meant to be delivered saturday , but i got told it wasnt in stock, funny that as it was in stock on the friday morning when i bought it . Then i got told sat that the company who deliver only work till 1230 on a sat and that it will be tuesday now.

Phoned up today, and guess what, it hadnt been dispatched and so now its tomorrow. I thinking if its not here tomorrow ill ring up and tell them i want my money back, im seriously fed up here.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I can only imagine how you feel as really most companies these days don't know what customer service and satisfactions entails anymore. Cheerio, though as you'd get there in the end:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. zxspectrum

The site has a feedback section on what you bought and how well, you thought you were handled, ill hopefully get my laptop tomorrow and then ill slate them a bit

Ed

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Im not being funny, but thats not being treated like sh*t

Firstly, if they dont have an inventory system whereby the items are taken off the stocklist as soon as you buy it, then it wouldnt necessarily show as out of stock until they went to package it. Or alternatively they could have picked up the last box for you, and discovered it was damaged enough to be unsuitable to be dispatched.

Whilst i agree that its a bit of a pain in the ass that you are getting different stories. you have to remember that the people on the helpline might not necessarily have relevant information.

If you ordered it on Friday, then any time within the week is actually pretty reasonable to be honest.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. zxspectrum

I know where your coming from Fergal, but i paid in full and also paid extra for the sat delivery. I understand things go wrong but a call to say look weve ****ed up here and this is what were going to do about it would of been ok with me.

Then when i phoned up today the parcel hadnt even been dispatched which they said it would and also let me know that it was down for this sat coming.

Another thing i need to ring them about is the delivery charge as i bought it with a bag and mouse i qualify for free delivery and they have charged me 11 quid for next day delivery as opposed to the 25 quid for the sat delivery .

Its getting me well stressed as i just want what ive paid for.

Ed

6. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i personally don't take s**t from companies else they give you the run around. just tell them you're cancelling the order they'll either pull their finger out or you do actually cancel and go else where its their loss.

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  7. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Either way, don't pay for the next day or saturday delivery, they failed to provide either of them..

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  8. zxspectrum

Another call today and they said it had been dispatched today, when it should of been here and now it will be thursday. So being calm about it i said look im not being funny and i dont want to com across rude but if its not here by thurs then i want a full refund.

Id of requested the refund earlier but fort the price im paying the specs are pretty good

Ed

9. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sorry you seem to be having problems with them. We use them all the time and have found them to be quite reliable. You should of course be getting a refund on the delivery excess no matter how good the deal is, remember that money is yours and they should give it back to you. If you don't ask they ain't gonna give it back.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  10. zxspectrum

I know. If it doesnt turn up tomorrow , ill make sure i get my money back. Whats the deal on that , is there a period for them to pay or as i paid them in full straight off shouldnmt they refund me straight away.

I remeber Vodafone charging me for 2 bills one month and they said i had to wait 2 weeks even though they had taken it out without my consent .

May phone the citezens advice as they are pretty good in these sorts of things.

Ed