Laptop Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fongster, Feb 29, 2008.

1. joe26f

joe26f New Member

So....nothing, no more helpful answers. My screen is still blank, bought a brand new wuxga 17"samsung and it didn't fix it. leads me to thinking its the video card and/or drivers issues. I have gone back to XP from vista since posting last, didn't help.

My laptop more than likely ís no longer under warranty. Dell won't respond to my dozen or so emails. Pathetic customer support in my opinion. I rang them and the guy said he can't help me bacause the service code I get thru BIOS on an external monitor tells them its a Vostro 1200 not a m1710 XPS. So their service records a fudged along the way and i pay the price.

I've spent hours searching 'dell issues' 'xps issues' 'vesa function 0x4f02 returned AX=qtf' all i find are half finished threads with no conclusive answers but send back to Dell. kinda hard when they dont want to help me.

2. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Hi Joe.

Can I ask, how did the problem arise - were you using it and it went blank, did you switch it on and there was not screen, has it been sitting idle for a few weeks and now don't work, did change anything on the system just prior to the problem etc etc? Gonna need a bit more detail about the problem you have.

You say you brought a brand new samsung screen but it didn't help - is that an external monitor, if that's so, do you know how to switch between the two?

As regards Dell, normally I've found them helpful but I currently have a friends computer to fix and the Dell site refuses to accept the Service Tag, even after Dell's own software has verified that the Service Tag is correct :(

Oh, welcome to the forums by the way.

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???