Laptop Power Cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by James Smith, May 28, 2006.

1. James Smith

James Smith New Member

My laptop power cable is not working. It a advent laptop, does anybody no of any websites that i can buy power cable from. Will different makes of power cable work for advent laptops. Like sony laptop power cable work for advent laptop.

Thanks.

Certifications: Linux +
    WIP: A+ , Network +
  2. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Not familiar with the Advent but most laptops tend to have a seperate power brick with a power cable plugging into it. If thats the case, is it the PSU or the cable that you're after? And have you done any tests to see if it is dead?

Lord Deckard.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  3. Gooders

Gooders New Member

I work for currys.digital formally dixons and they sell advent laptops, they have a accessories site its: www.partsmaster.co.uk so try there :thumbleft

Certifications: Does CLAIT count
    WIP: A+,N+
  4. ChrisH

ChrisH Nibble Poster

Maplins do a few universal adaptors which may work out cheaper than a genuine replacement.

15v 4 amp Max

15-24v 5/6 amp

A quick check of the original power supply should tell you what voltage and amp figures you need.

I saved £40 by using one of these for a Toshiba laptop but it really depends on how much a genuine replacement is. Some manufacturers will rob you some may be more realistic with their pricing.

WIP: A+
  5. James Smith

James Smith New Member

Thanks ChrisH, Gooders
    The websites that use mentioned were very helpful. :biggrin

Certifications: Linux +
    WIP: A+ , Network +