1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landed First IT Job!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by teixeira.jpt, Feb 11, 2011.

1. teixeira.jpt

teixeira.jpt Bit Poster

Hey guys,

I just landed my first IT job thought I would share how I bagged it.

I always wanted to work in IT and last November I started to take it seriously from that time I backed up my knowledge with certifications I have currently A+, CCENT, MCDST.

I been applying for over 200 jobs in past few months bagged 3 interviews with different companies 2 of which I had final interviews I decided to take the later offer with an analyst role/ 1st line support for 23 k plus a lot of benefits. Company right now has over 3000 employees in 3 different countries and a lot of sites which me plus 8 people Look after. We are supporting lot of bespoke software plus basic cisco configs ( lot of it from scripts made by the second line team), active directory, VPN, remote connections to tills, printers, comps etc.

Its really a great job with career progression :) !!

So for all you guys out there don't give up and good luck!

2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Nice one dude, sounds like a good role, and from what you've mentioned is gonna do wonders for experience with all the different systems!

Enjoy :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. nosferatu

nosferatu New Member

Well done mate :thumbleft

Certifications: A+
  4. CertifyMe

CertifyMe Bit Poster

Congratulations!! What a good way to start the year.

5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Well done mate! i too have been studying since nov and have only passed A+ so far but working on network+ now, applied for bout 120 jobs with no interviews yet!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  7. teixeira.jpt

teixeira.jpt Bit Poster

sure you will get there :) just keep up with applications and study ! i was working full time and was applying like a man on a mission.

I can say for sure one thing i no longer loathe monday's quite looking foward to them in fact.. Perhaps its the best thing i could ask for working doing something i actually like doing!!

so chin up and never give up :)

8. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the job :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  9. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

oh i aint giving up! only thing is i was self employed and the punk i was working for has knocked me about 600 quid so i aint going back there! now i have no work! Doh
    Still happy clicking that apply button tho!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations:) just goes to show hard work and persisistence pays off in the end. Keep us posted on how you're getting on with the new role.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Great to hear some good news, congrats!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  12. teixeira.jpt

teixeira.jpt Bit Poster

Will do I'll make an update next Friday on first week !

Also thanks for all advise I decided to take mcsdt instead of going for more advanced certs and it helped me a lot. still think how ever the CCENT was more worth while than the n+ for me anyway.

persistence is the key I wouldn't have given up till I got a job.

13. willolpl

willolpl Bit Poster

Congrats!!:D hope to do the same.

Certifications: CompTia A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  14. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA