Laminating Certs

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by michael78, Aug 22, 2005.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I've been Laminating my CompTIA certs but I'm sick of cutting them to fit into an A4 pouch does anyone know what size CompTIA and Microsoft Certs come in. I think it's the American's equivalent of our A4 (Not sure if American's use A4 or not)?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I haven't the faintest idea. Mine sit in a large envelope in a closet with all my IT books. :oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

americans primarily use Legal or Letter I think
    dont think the certs are legal, its a long narrow sheet
    they could well just be standard photo sizes though, which is in inches

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. Mine are in some drawer somewhere, however, I haven't a clue what drawer or what desk even. I haven't looked at them since first opened mail they came in.

In the "school" I started in they kept telling me how I should frame them and hang them on the wall. I just laughed at them and said I didn't think they were all that big of deal. I've never wanted to impress people by what I could hang on the wall. I've always thought that if I could impress people with what I know and can do, then that would be important. Pieces of paper? Bah. Humbug. :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Depends on the scope if your imagination.
    I once stuck a pair of my socks to the wall. They just stuck there, honest. That drew a gasp of awe from everbody. Well, a sharp intake of breath anyway.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Well, I've gotta admit my imagination doesn't quite go where yours does.... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

My MCSE is the only cert that I have framed! It is hung up beside my PC not to show off but just as a reminder to the Desktop team when they come round to totally bu%%er up my PC that I know what they are doing... Naughty I know :oops:

For the same reason I always visit sites carrying my Micrsoft bag. We run a lot of applications on UNIX kit and the local IT guys and gals don't understand it and often "do it down" and think that we don't understand their problems - strange how now they know that I work in both Operating Systems they are not as vocal in doing it down. I've talked to a few about the exams and how Microsoft are keen to examine Windows/Unix intergration. For some reason a field I know a bit about.

8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I picked up a pastic folder thing from ASDA with transparent pocket pages in it. It was only about 20p and each certificate can go in a pocket with your score sheet etc.
    It can take a battering in the bottom of my drawer and if anyone DID ever want to see them, they are all in one place.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD