Lack of Intrest in IT but not life

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by aw69, Aug 19, 2007.

1. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

My intrest in IT is waining as I have been made up from a driver to an assistant branch manager for the tool hire company I work for the wages I am getting is the same as when I was driving but that should change come Jan, and at the moment I am enjoying it and I have found out that some of my collegues at diferent branches thought I would fail working in a branch but I have recieved praise off the regional manager for my help in turning our branch around and hitting target two months in row. My wife give birth to our third daughter yesterday morning:D

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

That's one long sentance!

Congrtz on the new addition to your family

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations on the new addition 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats on the baby!

I guess it all depends on what you enjoy doing and what you want to do the rest of your life. My brother is doing well as a manager of a store, and receives praise for his store's performance, but he's not that happy doing it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. drum_dude

Yeah deffo agree with that BM! A mate of mine worked up to Store Manager from shelf stacker for a major UK store chain. He quit 3 months ago to become a car salesman for a VW franchise!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on your baby's birth, I'm expecting mine next month :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

Thanks for all your replies, Ken I hope everthing will be allright with your wife's birth especially after what happened last month. As for my job well I do like doing the job and also I enjoy proving the doubters wrong and that I can do the job. As for the opening statement in my thread I talk the same way as I write without taking a breath sorry but that's the way I am

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey, Congrats on the new born. And its like others have said, as long as you love doing your job it is what counts.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. drum_dude

LOL:D :D :D :D

Good luck to you - hope you do well!:biggrin

10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on both counts mate. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

congrats on the promotion (and rubbing the doubters noses in it) and on the baby mate.:D

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)