LAB Suggestions

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by NetEyeBall, Dec 9, 2006.

1. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

Here is my lab. Some of which is coming still. What are some suggestions? Does anyone know of a lab book that lists the lab configurations and topology maps to help guide your studies?

2620 w csu/dsu
    2620 w csu/dsu and wic1t
    2511 w 2 serial
    2509 w 2 serial
    2620 w 4 serial module
    2610 w wic1t
    2610 w wic1t
    2610 w wic1t and wic2t
    Pix 501
    3550 EMI
    2950 (Future Purchase)
    2950 (Future Purchase)
    ISDN Simulator (Future Purchase)

Yes..I am now officially broke as hell, but working on the actual hardware is light years better then working on sims. (I have the bosons CCNP sim which is good..but like I said the hardware is mucho bettero).

Today the plan is to create a hub and spoke. 1 hub to 6 spokes to play with default routes. Also to play with ospf, eigrp, rip, rip2. If I have time I would like to dig into multiple area ospf.

Help me obiwan you are my only hope...I need suggestions of a lab planner.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Cisco changes the equipment configurations often. A book like that would quickly become obsolete.

That being said, you don't need *exactly* the right hardware. As long as you keep a fairly updated IOS version, you'll have what you need to have for your studies.

In other words... don't stress so much about the minor details. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!