1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knoweledge exapnsion required before 70-680

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by shocksl, May 8, 2012.

1. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

Hi guys as some of you guys might know I am trying to study for my MCTS 70-680.

1) My first question is, is it still worth doing? I am trying to get into 1st line/ entry role in I.T and then progress hopefully.

2) I have now tried watching the Train signal vid. At the beggining it says I need to have the following knoweledge:

a) basic IP4 / IP6 adress structured and rerquirements knowledge
    b)overall Active Directory concepts, inc structures, user groups, organisational structures.

Where would be the best place to learn these concepts before I start to watch the Vids and revising?

thanks for any info! :)

(i have the microsoft press book). i also have the CBT nuggest DVD, ( but IMO its too brief in comparison to TS)
  2. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

Feel free to bump a thread if you don't get a response after a few days. :)
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...