Knackered Modem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr.Cheeks, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Got a old safecome SAMR-4110 ADSL modem router and the adsl and ready light is constantly flashing, but the LAN line is stable. according to the troubleshooting site, this means that either
    1. The line is not active
    2. The phone line is not in correct (RJ11 and filters).

i know it is none of the above, becuase i have just simply swapped the phone line from mine setup to this modem. i configured the safecom modem with my details, and double checked it was correct. (ran a password retriever on my computer and it picked the password from my modem) so this was verified.

Can anyone confirm this or have any other ideas? ...im kinda lost now, if the modem is fine! :rolleyes:

2. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

If you have a DSL signal & the filter is ok (test by taking out of circuit, only the modem / router plugged into the telephone circuit) try a hard reset.

Most routers / modems have a reset hole like a CD-Rom tray release. A hard reset is normally press in (i.e. with a pen tip) for 60 secs with no power connected, reconfigure and test!

You may want to take a note or backup and user settings first as these will be erased.:eek:

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is there a setup wizard in the web interface of the modem? If you run it and select ‘auto detect’ (if it has that option) then if *may* fix the problem.

Had a similar problem a few days ago when a modem was set to PPPoA, after I ran the setup wizard it changed to PPPoE and then the ADSL light went solid.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Mr.Cheeks

there isnt an auto setup in this damn thing

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is there an option to change to either PPPoA or PPPoE?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Mr.Cheeks

dunno what i done, but cant get into it....
    edit: i can - username/password back to default
    admin
    epicrouter

7. Mr.Cheeks

its somethink like this!