KB886903

Discussion in 'Software' started by law123, Feb 1, 2006.

1. law123

law123 Byte Poster

Ok I have a new problem yet again. The other day I started to download Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB886903) when my computer froze so after a while I pressed the reset button. The computer started ok but I now have an icon to install this update saying it is ready to install. I click on it try to install it and it fails. Can I delete it and how? So that I may start again.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

What error message do you get when the install program runs?

Does the update show up in the %SystemRoot% folder(Windows or Winnt)? If this is an uninstallable service pack does it show up in the Add and Remove Programs wizard?

If neither of those things show up I'd just go to the Windows Update site and try again. If it shows up in the Add and Remove Programs wizard I'd try uninstalling it from there. If that fails I think I'd still try the Windows Update site again. It should recognize whether the service pack is successfully installed or not and retry the install.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

If none of what Freddy has said works you could always give the old System Restore a try. :eek:

4. law123

law123 Byte Poster

First of all I click the icon to install Automatic Updates windows appears. I can then do a express install or a custom install. I then choose Express Install It then says initializing installation that is done ok. Then I get the message (Update were unable to be successfully installed).
    No I have looked.
    I have also looked here.
    I have also tried a system restore but it was unsuccessful

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Apparently your .NET framework is broken in some way. Have a read here and there should be enough information to get you through the problem.... It looks like this is an ongoing problem for a lot of people.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1