JustIT Is Unique

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Eric, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric New Member

Hi All,

I have been asked by Simon Perriton, the MD at Just IT to put down my feeling s about the programme I did at Just IT. This is my personal view and therefore by its very nature is bias. For more reviews on Just IT see their web site justit.co.uk/it_training/case-studies or see another web site with reviews on the company reviewcentre.com/reviews87280

I started the Network Professional Programme with JustIT in May 2010 and have never looked back. It has been a very good experience. As I write this post, I have two job offers from two different companies and yet to make a decision. This has been made possible through the training and career support I received from everyone at JustIT, and my determination, focus and commitment.

As a career changer, I had no IT experience even though I graduated with a degree in Computing six years ago. Between May and August 2010 I trained for, sat and passed the A+(1 & 2), Windows XP Professional and Server 2003 exams. The turning point was the six-week work placement as a 1st/2nd Line IT Support Engineer at a Law school in London, which gave me the invaluable experience I needed badly to launch my IT career.

JustIT's Job Searching and IT Millionaire workshops made me aware of my strenghs and weaknesses and how I can transfer the vast customer service experience I have into the IT industry. The managing director(Simon Perriton) and all the staff at JustIT know what they are doing, trust me. I know some of you will not agree with me but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

After one telephone interview and four face to face interviews, I had my first job offer. I will not exchange JustIT with any training and recruitment provider out there. Guys, I made the decision to join JustIT in May and have no regrets at all. Now that I have a job offer, I plan to train for and pass the CCNA exam in March 2011.

2. toltek

toltek New Member

The only experience I've had with JustIT was my little enquiry into prices.
    As an absolute beginner I'm trying to go for the CompTIA A+.
    On the phone I was told today by a consultant that the cost of the instructor led course is £1500 as opposed to the home study version that is valued at £700.
    Excluding exam costs.
    Sorry to say that it scared me. All I could utter was 'I'll have to get back to you.'
    On the other hand the Network Professional course seems a lot better priced to me at £4k, since it includes several certifications, so there must be a combo discount of some sort.
    They were also the only London based training provider that I could find on the CompTIA website list.

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, it's nice to see some positive reviews for a change.

At CF we try to help people with certification issues, including training providers. Unfortunately, it's nearly always bad news and we get in the habit of shouting 'BOO!' every time a training provider is mentioned.

But we also accept that training can be done well, and it would be nice to spread the good word if indeed a TP is doing a good job. Or we'll just sit here muttering 'shill' all day. That's life I suppose - bad news is always more fun...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

To jump on this new craze of bigging up good training providers, I'll throw my opinion into the forum.:twisted:

I don't tend to use training providers at the moment as the cost is so out of reach for me that they might as well be in the £millions per course :dry. But I do take my exams in a building shared by e-academy in Cardiff Bay. They are a training provider and the last place I worked at used them a lot (I didn't get to go on any of the courses as I was only a low level 2nd line support tech :cry:, and had to self study and pay for my own certs just to keep up with my piers - one of the reasons I left).

Although I have no experance using them, e-academy (Cardiff) always seems to be well equipped and the staff seem professional enough I'm not sure of the costs though, but if your looking for a TP in the South Wales area, you won't go much wrong.

PS. If anyone from e-academy would like to offer me a free place on one of the courses I'm sure I could be even more positive abuot them :biggrin.

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I know the guys at the e-academy.
    I used them for all my certification exams and did my Prince2 and MSP there.
    It's everything a TP should be. The instructors are highly experienced, the place is well run and professional and has all the facilities you could want.
    But they don't promise you a job, or try and find work for you... :(

:biggrin

6. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

They can fix this easy, all they have to do is sack all their trainers and only hire sales reps, then theyll be just like 90% of all the other training providers :biggrin

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  7. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

As much as I'd like to big my company up on here - being a reputable T.P, they don't pay me enough to do it in my own time so I won't bother. :biggrin

I would like to point out though that I wasn't born yesterday and that opening post is nothing more than carefully scripted spam. If you wish to advertise your services on the forum then please have the courtesy of approaching the site mods.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  8. toltek

toltek New Member

Lol, very true, which is the very reason I added my comment in the first place.
    Actually I'm going there tomorrow do discuss options, since they do actually claim to provide one with a job upon completion. Even if the job is crap - it's still experience.
    I'll try to keep this thread updated.

9. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Yes claim being the operative word. Don't sign anything on the premises, take it home with you and have a good read of the small print. Things to watch out for are things that will void the contract such as:

Not completing exams in a set time.
    Missing a class.
    Failing an exam.
    Not willing to relocate for a job.
    How much the jobs will pay and in what area of the country, no point relocating to London for £11k a year.
    Also check how much actual class time your paying for. Are you just getting a couple of weeks training then papped off home with some books for £5k ?
    etc. etc. You get the point.

Normally when these guys do have jobs to offer it's because they have undercut genuine I.T out sourcing companies by a long way to win a contract and the only way they can fulfil the contract is to cut the wages of people they are providing to do the work. Hence the need by them for relatively unskilled or desperate workers who will work for peanuts.

10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually as I understand it JustIT have asked for and received permission to do this.

Billy, out of interest which TP do you actually work for?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  11. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

I've no problem with them doing so as long as it's out in the open and not under the guise of being a former student etc.

I work for a company called 1Training, also in the retraining sector, primarily dealing with those leaving the military.
    I tend to deal mostly with they guys returning to us after a year or so having a bash at the Cisco world. I also tend to hear all the horror stories first hand from those who have been shafted previously by our less than ethical brethren.

The bad ones are not as common as they were a few years ago though, a lot of them have gone to the wall, a few of the main culprits though have simply changed their company name.

12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

If you had been following the other thread, you'd see that the owner of the company has asked some of his students to give us feedback in order to refute some of the comments he was getting here.

Of course, we have no way of knowing if they are genuine but it seems a bit unfair to welcome the whingers and moaners with wide arms and shoot down those who may actually be trying to pass on positive messages.

Freedom of speech and all that...

8)

13. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Ahh I remember the days of Amraf (who I happened to use for my resettlement course when I left the forces) who went down the tubes due to gross mismanagement.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Interesting. :unsure

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  15. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

As I said as I understand it, obviously I could be wrong.

16. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Freedom of speech maybe, but Stevie Wonder could see the intentions behind that ploy.

17. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

18. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

19. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry Simon and Jonny. I understood it that Just IT wanted to do some advertising. Blonde moment there.:oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  20. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

You mean grey, right?

:biggrin