Just what is arrabiata?

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by ffreeloader, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

If you ask that question of Britons almost 2 out of every 3 seem a little confused about whether it's an std or a pasta sauce, but think it's in the same family as syphilis. :biggrin :twisted:

Are BO(body odor) and food caught in someone's teeth for a day or so(poor personal hygiene) a sexual turnoff for you? If not you're a part of the majority. :eek: :blink

For a couple of other rather hilarious facts about how Britons answered questions in a recent survey taken for Aids Day read the following link from Reuters News.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/art...RITAIN-SEX.XML&WTmodLoc=HP-C13-Oddly-2&rpc=92

And Europeans think Americans are unsophisticated, l.e. dumb? :twisted: :rolleyes: :biggrin :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

You also miss our often tongue in cheek humour when it comes to stupid surveys ;)
    When your bombarded with almost a different one each day in various places (including houndings at train stations!)

I must of answered hundreds of those things with stupid answers, i know a fair few people that follow suit, and i imagine that trend would hold true in a sample size of 1000! (hardly holds any realistic scientific value)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I may not know what arrabiata is Freddy, but my friend was once asked where he's from by a yank. My mate told him England to which the answer was "England? Isn't that somewhere near Paris?".:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

LOL baba just noticed your christmas sig :P

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Father Christmas is really Keith Moon - scary thought!:eek:

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The thing is Freddy, that we do not have STD, BO or bad breath here in the UK.
    We've read about it, but it is still a cause of confusion for most of us - hence the result of the survey.

We're ashamed at being ridiculed by these results, and we salute you guys in the US for being so familiar with these terms...

:biggrin :twisted:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

8)

I don't want to look.

Are we at war yet?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. Well, by American standards of distance it is. For me to drive to see any of my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc... is a drive of over 2000 miles, and that's the minimum. Some are more than 3000 miles away. Thats more than 3218 kilometers, minimum, in metric measurements, and that's not even all the way across the country. If someone were to drive from Anchorage, Alaska to Miami, Florida they would have a 5400+ mile(8,690+ kilometers) drive ahead of them. So, distances between cities in western Europe are, by comparison, very small and we Yanks would consider two cities only 213 miles apart to be "somewhere near" each other.... Europeans think on a much different scale, geographically speaking, than Americans do simply because many American states are physically larger than just about all the western European countries.

From London to Paris is about a 3 hour drive on the freeways here, so many people would say it is relatively close as a lot of people who live in small towns will drive that distance to a larger town to take advantage of the lower prices and increased variety of merchandise available in the large stores/malls when they go shopping.

I could drive the distance from Paris to the English border in one way in any direction taken from an arc that goes from due north to due west from where I live and never leave the state of Washington. I would consider any of those towns to be "somewhere near" me as I once drove more than 550 miles one way job hunting and I only crossed one state line....

All that said, the answer you quoted in your post was stupid, no doubt about it.... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs