Just Started A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by diiypopin, Feb 13, 2006.

1. diiypopin

diiypopin New Member

Just started the A+ at:
    www.catt-training.co.uk/home.html

Its a very loose sort of place come and go as you please play with their computers as you please. One on one lectures plus practical work. They have a number of pc's in bits for you to explore,assemble and generally fiddle with. They are funded by a church but you dont get any feed back from that.

I had to change my shift pattern at short notice( grrrr) they accommodated my change without fuss. I have to attend one 3 hour session once a week but I can go daily if I want. No set time for passing the A+ , continuous support. There are people at various stages of A+/N+ everyone seems happy enough, I am.
    You think that you know a bit but when push comes to shove.........quite a bit to learn really.

Graham

WIP: A+/N+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

If you need any help or advice you've come to the right place! 8)

3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings.

Best of luck with the A+ :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Hello Graham.

I started studying about 4 weeks ago for the A+ with Mike Meyers All in One and CBT Nuggets training videos.To help with 'hands on' experience in both the hardware and OS environments I've managed to blag an old 233Mhz PC and dual booted with 98SE and W2000 Pro.I'd suggest you try the same,if you have the opportunity,as hands on experience seems to be half the battle with learning such a wide and diverse study matter.

These guys n gals at CF are only too willing to help as are many of the 'noobies' (like me).If you're stuck,ask.

Hope the studies go well and we'll no doubt hear from you as you progress.

Best of luck.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  6. Kestrel

Kestrel Bit Poster

Certifications: ECDL lvl2
    WIP: Profes Diploma in Network Managment
  7. diiypopin

diiypopin New Member

I'll ask the other people there if they use this forum if not I'll give them the link.
    I will keep in touch and ask questions.....like do I really need to learn Hex ???:oops:

WIP: A+/N+
  8. Malnomates

Not just Hex,you need to learn binary and then perform binary to Hex conversion. :eek:

Don't sweat though,it's actually really easy to learn... 8)

9. maradona

maradona New Member

Hello Folks. I am getting very interested in a+ certification. Unfortunately I am in a country where it is very hard to find books. but I have access to the internet.I also have access to computers including some I can play with.. dismantle and reassemble. does anyone know of a weblink that can be very useful in making available a learning process. i am both indigent and geographically handicapped.
    thanks
    maradona.

10. Malnomates