just passed!

Discussion in 'A+' started by danneh3826, Sep 21, 2009.

1. danneh3826

danneh3826 New Member

so i just passed my A+ 220-601 (Thursday) and A+ 220-602 (Today) exams. Got a 814/900 in the first and 847/900 in the second. I'm really pleased with the results :)

On a side note, to those who have more knowledge with CompTIA exams, I notice CompTIA have a 2009 version now. Is it a requirement to pass the bridge exams and keep up to date with the objectives or is that it now?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, CCNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Nice one, well done!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

There's no requirement to pass the bridge exam; once you're A+ certified, you're certified for life. Recertifying on the new version is entirely up to you.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Hooligan

Hooligan Bit Poster

well done bud and those marks are out standing.

guys i just purchased the Mike Meyers 6th edition all in one a+ book - i plan to teke the exams in Feb next year.

my question: is this alright? should i send the book back to amazon and buy appropriate books for 09 exams?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  6. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Awesome.....Well Done:D

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  7. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Well done on the pass ;) As said above, no need to "upgrade". I doubt many employers will ask what version of the A+ you've got!

Hooligan, (correct me if I'm wrong folks) but the 2006 A+ exams don't expire until February 28, 2010 so you should be ok to take them ;)

8. BosonMichael

Don't delay... aim for sooner if at all possible.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. danneh3826

danneh3826 New Member

correction :) it expires 31st July 2010. At least, it is according to the material I got from my education establishment (letterheaded CompTIA).

So long as you pass the 2006 before this date, you won't need to re-study for the 2009 objectives.

Thanks all on the congrats. :) Next up.. N+ :D

11. BosonMichael

Well, the A+ 2006 retirement date has been a moving target. Yes, CompTIA DID previously say that the old exam retires on July 31, 2010, but they've since announced a retirement date of February (28?) 2010. In the announcement, they mention that this retirement date is for covers the US. They went on to mention retirement dates for the A+ in other languages, but they didn't specifically mention the UK, nor did they mention any other retirement dates for the English version of the exam. If I were you, I'd count on the 2006 exam being available until February, and any extra time as an unexpected bonus. Otherwise, you may be in for a rude surprise.

12. danneh3826

danneh3826 New Member

true 'nuff. if there's multiple dates floating around regarding the retirement, i'd attempt to pass by the earliest one, else risk having to start over (somewhat).

what's more annoying right now though, is that comptia's website is undergoing some sort of overhaul, and you can't login (or create) a careerID account, so you can't get your exam history, request certificates and all that. apparently, "it'll be done automatically" *sigh* i hate waiting for things :(