Just passed Network+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by -Mercury-, Jul 28, 2008.

1. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Just passed Network+ with a score of 810! :D

I'd like thank everybody on the site for their excellent posts which helped alot, especially Malnomates blog!

I'd recommend to anyone studying for Net+ the Sybex Groth book and Mike Meyers all in one which are both superb.

I might take a few days off study now and celebrate, but I'm keen to get straight back on with the next exam as it took me so long to get into a regular study routine! It's amazing how many things can distract you if you don't book the exam first.

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Congratulations on passing N+ :thumbleft:rocks did you find the books you used covered all the things in the exam?:blink

:hhhmmm I think your right about booking the exam first! It's always good to have a target to work towards!:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Well done on passing.
    So what exam next?

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Congrats mate! Its true about the distractions.......booking the exam in advance always made me put more study time in and get more serious.

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Yep, absolutely true that you have to book the exam first especially if its your first cert you're going for.

At least 5 people I know told me to get the exam booked but it took me ages (years!) to finally listen. You think to yourself that you'll book the exam when you're better prepared and feel close to knowing everything.

Problem is you never quite get there because of all the distractions (work, family,too tired to study etc) and study seems to be a lower priority than everything else that is happening in your busy life. Booking the exam helps you to focus and makes your study a high priority so you get it done!

Anybody wanting to pass their first cert I'd definitely recommend booking the exam today! It very easy to reschedule the test online if you feel you're not quite ready when it gets close to the time.

I'm going for MCP 270 next and going to book the exam tomorrow for the end of August.

10. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

The Sybex Groth book and Mike Meyers all in one books are both excellent and yes you would have everything you need to pass. There was only 1 or 2 questions on the exam I didn't recognise the material from the books but luckily I knew the answers from experience. Oh and there was 1 or 2 questions that I had to think hard about as they seemed more to be A+ material and I haven't done the A+ yet! But all in all very few questions and the above books should be all you need.

If I really had to choose just one book then it would have to be the Groth book but for the price of the Mike Meyers book on Amazon you will be really glad that you purchased both. Studying from different source material gives you a much greater understanding and you're able to spot any errors that have been published and check your facts.

Hope this helps and good luck if you're thinking about taking the exam soon. 8)

11. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass. :D

12. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations!

13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congratulations on the pass!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5