Just passed Mac Integration Basics 10.12

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I started studying yesterday, finished today and sat the exam online today. Couldn't find accurate info on whether it was open book, but as I wanted to see what I had learned I didn't use any notes in the exam and relied on memory and to some extent guess work. All I used was the free 55pg PDF apple provided and a VMware lab but I do own a mac and its my main OS some stuff I knew or made more sense as I also support elements of MacOS in my job. Even though it took me 6-7 hours over 2 days to study for, if you have no experience with MacOS whatsoever then I recommend setting up a VM and also watching a few tutorials on Youtube.

To pass you need 85%, I got 85.83% lol so I just got through. I will tell you this though, this exam is very similar to the MTA Windows fundamentals, just without the troubleshooting element, and I wouldn't even say its that easy even though I did the studying super quick. There are some tricky questions in there where there could be two possible answers.. anyway I think its worth getting just shows an employer you can use a Mac and know some stuff, I work with experts who know everything about windows but can't tell me what "Finder" is. My brain hurts now need to watch some TV.

Jaron78 likes this.
  2. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Excellent work mate, Very well done.

Juelz likes this.
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thanks @Jaron78 time to go for the A+, skipping fundamentals as I don't every cert on my CV to say "fundamentals" or "basics"

4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

You can do it mate. If you need anything, just give me a shout.

5. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Nice. Congratulations.

6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Congrats bro

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs