Just passed ICND1

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by HalfPastJohn, May 18, 2011.

1. HalfPastJohn

HalfPastJohn Bit Poster

874/1000

zero networking or IT experience, no brain dumps :biggrin

now i just need some damn experience..

Certifications: A+ | CCENT
    WIP: MCTS
  2. melhiore

melhiore Bit Poster

Congrats than. Now the better part - ICND2... :)

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, CCNA Security, CompTIA N+,S+, CWTS/CWNA
  3. HalfPastJohn

HalfPastJohn Bit Poster

I'm gonna wait on the ICND2 and focus on a microsoft cert right now I think.

We have the same certs, haha.

What is your work experience like?

4. Macfly!

Macfly! Bit Poster

well done on the ICND1 pass, feels good when you pass doesn't it, all that hard work studying paying off..

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass, so I assume that you now have the CCENT cert?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. melhiore

melhiore Bit Poster

I work for ISP. My experience is much higher than Certifications - I would say I work on CCNP level experience wise. I'm taking exams just to make my market value higher...

7. Adzmobile

Adzmobile Nibble Poster

Hi Melhiore,

Im very much interested in working for a ISP one day as im studying for CCNA and also plan to take CCNP however not before i can get myself at least a junior role in networking otherwise i feel it might be a waste of time..

how did you manage to find yourself in that type of role.. how did your career start off and how did you get into networking with a ISP?

Im currently doing 1st/2nd line support but networking is a dream... do you have any advice how someone can get into networking or what ISPs typically look for when recruiting?

Thanks! :)

Certifications: Commvault Administrator, CCNA, ITILv3, CCA for XenApp 6, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, CCA for XenDesktop 5, CCA for NetScaler 9.2, CCA for XenServer 6,VMware VCP5, VSTP 5, HP SMB Storage, Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE), EMCISA, VCAP-DCA
    WIP: DCUCI
  8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  9. melhiore

melhiore Bit Poster

@Adzmobile. There is not solid recipe on it. I have started as a Field Engineer installing equipment on customer premises. From that position I have advanced to Support as I had massive experience with live networks, Customers and I had very good idea how all this works etc. I have been given opportunity to take part in couple of projects, some provisioning etc.

Funny enough - company does not give a monkey about my CCNA and anything else. All I have learned is for myself and for my benefit only...

By the way - ISP is a LAST place you want work for... Believe me...

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  10. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  11. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Congrats on pass

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  12. adencool

adencool Bit Poster

congrats on the pass, i also passed the icnd1 just over a month ago, thou i have covered 3/4 semesters during my hnc way back in 2003, i hadn't used any cisco kit since then.

Thou overall i thought the test was easy (not trying to be little your pass), going back over using cisco kit has been a nice experience.

Thou i recommend your carry on with the cisco icnd2, rather than chopping and changing, otherwise when you come back to this you will need to go over a load of old stuff

Certifications: HNC,Mcdst,MCITP:SA,MCTS,MCSA
    WIP: mcitp:ea
  13. rrittenhouse

rrittenhouse New Member

Congrats! How did you go about studying for the test?

14. HalfPastJohn

HalfPastJohn Bit Poster

I got laid off last july and was able to get funding from the state to take classes. I studied at a place called New Horizons computer learning center. They provide materials, classroom instruction and computer simulated labs. Took me about 3 months of study to pass it.

15. Junior

Junior New Member

Congrats!
    In this exam there are labs? or only questions?
    I´m studying the exxxxxxx because i will take the exam in few weeks.

16. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Junior
    The materials you are using are known Braindumps. Try their web site in the certguard web site.

I have edited your post to reflect the braindump site.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  17. mikenice007

mikenice007 New Member

I passed ICND1 with an 850 out of 1000. What worked for me was purchasing some routers and switches off of auction sites nd using GNS to simulate labs. I suggest that one sets up a lab for each test question to fully understand the labs and sim modules. What did not work for me was marking questions for review on the test. I ended the test and was unable to review the marked questions. Time was quick, do not putter around with a question, if you do not know mark it and answer it with a best guess. Im not sure ow the question marking works if you cant go back......

18. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You can't go back. I never noticed any checkbox to mark questions for review, but I knew I couldn't go back so I wasn't looking for one.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  19. Greg Clark

Greg Clark New Member

I was sacked in July last year and was able to get support from the state to take over. I studied at a place called New Horizons Computer Learning Centre. They provide materials, classroom and laboratory computer simulation. Took me about three months of study to pass it.