Just passed both exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by Mole, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Mole

Mole New Member

Hey.

I've just passed A+ exams (essentials yesterday and 602 this morning) and i thought i could recommend some materials that I used(self study, to be clear on this). So it was:

A+ Exam Preparation by Charles Brooks and David Prowse
    A+ Exam Cram by C. Brooks
    website www.freeaplus.com which is quite usefull

I've seen most of the people recommend AIO. To be honest with you, when I was reading this book i felt like author threats me like a 5yo child. Having some previous experience with computers (not "work" experience unfortunately) I found C. Brooks book more interesting and going more into details.
    On the exam i had three or four questions about things that havent been covered in my books, I've still managed to score 805 and 810 on exams though. Anyways... Time for job hunting now and N+ maybe at the beginning of 2009, first of all though, a nice evening out as a reward tonight ;)

Certifications: CompTIA A+
    WIP: CompTIA N+
  2. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

well done mate....hopfully ill be writing the same as you in a few months....are you starting your N+ straight away or when your in your first I.T role

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Major congrats:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. Mole

Mole New Member

I don't think I'll be waiting for first IT job cause it can take some time before I'll find one. In the meantime I can try to do N+ and then MCDST.

Certifications: CompTIA A+
    WIP: CompTIA N+