Just Passed 70-290

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by comp_ junkie, Sep 21, 2009.

1. comp_ junkie

comp_ junkie Bit Poster

Hey Everyone, I just passed my 70-290 exam with 800 / 1000. I am Now MCP.. . Instructer led, also used *** **** is still valid.. also read Sybex . 2nd edition.. simulations stumped me .. now on to 70-291 . 8)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
    Certifications: A+ Network+ Security+ IT PRO MCP CNST
    WIP: MCSA / CEH
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The simulations probably stumped you because you used a braindump. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. comp_ junkie

comp_ junkie Bit Poster

Not Exactlly.... They weren't too difficult @ all....:twisted:

4. BosonMichael

So did they stump you or did they not stump you? Perhaps you are confused about the definition of "stump". If something "stumped" you, then you were unable to do it because it was too difficult or because you didn't understand it. If something "isn't too difficult AT all", then it couldn't possibly have stumped you.

Doesn't matter, really... the braindump you used essentially invalidates your score.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

If you had to use a brain dump to pass, then you're not really worthy of the title of MCP and you're doing the industry a disservice.

Just the way things are mate.

And seeing as you've probably BrainDumped your way through the Security+ exam as well and wish to get an MCSE +Security on top of that, all I can do is shake my head at the idea that some company may one day hire you without knowing that you're a cheater. I just don't see why anyone should trust you.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  6. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

i've found video dumps before of sims :dry

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  7. comp_ junkie

comp_ junkie Bit Poster

No I was Not stumped.... it was a term That was prob Used Out Of Context... Secondly... Most Came from Experiance... Dumps were Used Simply for me to get Familer with The Engine Used.... I have been a Network Admin for 3 years Now and working with Computers Since 2002 also Though I should of done Back In The 80's when I I Earned a Degree In Electronics and should of Continued, but do Certain Cercomstances I had to Choose a different Path. Here i am now some 20 Years later picking up where I left Off..... ....But Ultimately its Experinace That helped Me Not Dumps..as Many In This Thread May think.....

8. BosonMichael

No, the context was correct... you simply used the term incorrectly. Or perhaps you don't really know what you're saying.

What you're not understanding is that it doesn't matter how much experience you have, and it doesn't matter what kind of a degree you have, and it doesn't matter how many words you capitalize in an attempt to try to make your point. Braindumps are exact copies of what you see on the test, so whether you realize what you are doing or not, you have cheated on the exam.

There is absolutely no justification for using braindumps. It doesn't matter how much you attempt to justify their usefulness and rationalize your actions... Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA ALL have anti-braindump policies. And they decertify people who use braindumps - regardless of the reason they use them.

Don't think you will get caught? Think again... they're now using statistical metrics to root out cheaters. If you've REALLY got the experience, and you REALLY don't need braindumps, then are they worth the risk to your career by being banned from certifications for life?

The bottom line is this: if you don't need braindumps to pass, then don't use them. If you need braindumps to help you pass, then you're not ready to hold the certification.

If you want to get familiar with the engine, then buy a legit practice exam product... not a braindump.

9. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

made my day- i didnt even notice first time around
    :hahaha

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  10. Shinigami

Yet even with the help of a brain dump, you only managed 800/1000. Doesn't sound like your experience is all you're trying to make out of it.

11. comp_ junkie

comp_ junkie Bit Poster

You are Absolutly Correct... I never Said I Knew Everything...and Dont Have Much Experiance with Active Directory,Permissions or anything to That refferance, but is it going to stop me from trying to Learn it "H3ll Freaken NO".. Even The Most Intelligent Folkz in the world Can't possibly Know It all..... I admit That Much... Just Like Those who Brag about Serving This Counrty Proud But Can't Manage to locate "Bin Laden" who BOMBED The Great State That i Live and The Buildings where i Lost Several Close Friends and Family Members. and Is Responsable for Many other Terrible events In This world.... .. By This I say That Life is a Learning Curb. We all should Stop Bashing One another putting eachother down for The sake Of Arguement.. Thats right I may Not INDEED know It all, But I tell you all what "Try" and Stop Me from Learning and Advancing in life, Education and Values...... That Will Never Happend. so you all Can keep up The Negativity...... In My View Those who swear that They are That intelligent are The ones That "Simulate Intelligence" and should lead by example....Its a shame That By Me Using Dumps and Or Material to better prepare myself for an exam Lead to This... Meanwhile These Dumps were Created by people like you all In general... The MCSE's CCNA's CCMP's CCDA's to say The Least... Every Govenment In The world for That matter has been cheating all of Us For Centuries.... Starting with the Military. Lets all Remember where Computers and The Internet Originated from.... Thats why every day we loose a son a daughter or a Mom or Dad. who serves Proud in The Military protecting our Countries throughout The Globe Only to Be Lied to and denied... . Because we want to take away from others for Our Own self Gain...... Its In Our Destiny to Destroy Ourselves.... and This Certainlly Prooved it here Today......

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  12. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Do you, or do you not understand that what you have done is cheating?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  13. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What are you going on about? :rolleyes:

If you study for an exam and understand the material you will probably pass, end of. :dry

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  14. comp_ junkie

comp_ junkie Bit Poster

cheating is when you go into a Testing site with all The answers written on paper , when you Copy off someone.... etc... using Material as refferance to understand certain aspects isnt considerd cheating @ least to me it isnt, and if I was Cheating Then i would Of gotten 1000 out of a 1000...we all Have Our Opinions. so to each his or her own......

15. Shinigami

It may not be cheating in your books, but using any form of braindump IS considered cheating in certification circles. If this was a one off and you honestly didn't know about these rules, then at least avoid doing so in the future.

Regarding the rest of your rambling, it doesn't matter if others cheat, be it governments or other IT professionals by spreading braindumps, we should still achieve to cheat as little as possible, and preferably not at all (in anything we do).

Juts my two cents.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  16. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

what you did was run through the ACTUAL questions for this exam, just becuase you could only memorise 800 points worth does not mean it isn't cheating.

you should understand the material through study and experience.

Quick question, would you be happy for your employer to know tht you used braindumps?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  17. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Look mate,

CertForums have a simple policy on the use of Braindumps - We do not condone their use. end of.

If you wish to justify yourself here then all you will get back from our members is grief.

Perhaps this is not the right forum for you.

I sincerely hope that in future you refrain from using Braindumps to aid your development.

Side Note: enough bashing of this member, he knows our stance and is being watched.

18. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

now that BM pointed out the every other word being capitalised... i cannot unsee it
    very very annoying :(

'you are now focusing on blinking'
    'you are now focusing on breathing'

19. BosonMichael

According to Microsoft (see Exam Security and Integrity) and Cisco (see Section 4.1) it IS cheating. Doesn't matter what you or I think... it matters what THEY think. If you doubt, please, click those links and see for yourself.

Just trying to protect you, bro. You can choose to do things the right way, or you can take your chances with the wrong way. The choice is yours.

20. comp_ junkie

comp_ junkie Bit Poster

Understood... and no harm Intended...to anyone... and thanx micheal for your insight.... I study for Long hours .. working 8 to 12 hours a day with three kids and one income....studying 4 Hours a day @ a time... I should of done this when i was younger and kept to my studies... stress can certainly play a role... but I will keep @ it...hopefully it will all pay off... :study :study

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009