Just passed 70-218

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by TeaLA, Sep 29, 2005.

1. TeaLA

TeaLA New Member

Just to let you all know, I used your advice and got a good test centre in the city at last. I passed the 70-218 just with a score of 745 hay a pass is a pass :D and am now officially an MCSA yippee!

Next port of call is to do the MOS which should be a little easier, anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the links and advice on where to go. :cheers

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-210, 215, 218 MCSA
    WIP: Considering MOS
  2. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

congatulations mate, well done!!

:clap :beers2

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Grats on the pass.

Ironically, I fould 218 a little easier than 210-215 combo. But you're right, a pass is a pass.

If you're not there already, then you're on the right path to "extremely overworked and underpaid" status.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Way to go! :biggrin

Hope that you'll hang around here and share your new found knowledge.

:cheers :alc :clap

5. st giles

st giles Nibble Poster

Well done m8 :clap :morebeer

Certifications: none
    WIP: a+
  6. Sneakydave

Sneakydave Bit Poster

Very well done! guess you will be looking for a new job now :D

Did you attend any courses or was it all self study from books?

WIP: MCSA 70-270
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Great news, TeaLA - enjoy the customary CF congrats beers tonight :alc :clap

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congratulations and well done. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Rock on, TeaLA! Well done! :biggrin

:beers2

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. cellardoor

cellardoor Nibble Poster

Well done mate! I hear what your saying about good test centres. The one I was in yesterday, all I could hear was the teacher next door! I felt like I was taking a course and an exam at the same time.

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA
  11. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Damn fine show that man, now, who's round is it? 8)

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  12. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well done! All your hard work has paid off :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  13. amyamandaallen

amyamandaallen New Member

Hi,

In you opinion would it be possible to take and pass the 218 without studying for the 215 and 270 first.

I use servers on a daily basis and have the examcram packs for the 218 as well as CBT videos. I've also just passed the MCDST.

Any advice would be usefull as I've heard the 218 is easier. Just I have real time constraints for the rest of this year.

Thanks

14. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Of course it would be. It's not a case of 218 being easier than what is in the others you mention, but is a case of objectives covered.

The server exams themselves focus on the different parts of Windows 2000, going into great depths, whereas the Managing exam focuses on what you would do with it on a daily basis.

I seem to recall that when I sat that exam I found more objectives were being covered, but they werent in as much depth as 215.

Hth.

:biggrin

15. TeaLA

TeaLA New Member

Thanks everyone for all your support and congrats, in reply to Amy, I found the main focus of the 218 is active directory, GPO's, DNS and DHCP but as always there are questions that test your server/hardware and general w2k knowledge, I found the 215 are more specific to W2K server, if you have done networking for a while I would still suggest to study either the exam cram book or sybex for 218 and then practice with Transender. Transender is useful because it lets you know when you are ready and the quality of questions really tests what microsoft will be looking for in the actual exam, it also lets you get used to the terminology. I know its not cheap but I found it well worth the investment.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-210, 215, 218 MCSA
    WIP: Considering MOS
  16. amyamandaallen

amyamandaallen New Member

without breaking the NDA is the 218 and 215 just multiple/single answer type question or are they like the MCSE with tabs along the top to give you different parts to the scenario?