Just Passed 293! -Squared

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by gochieng, Mar 5, 2009.

1. gochieng

gochieng Bit Poster

:p Just passed (as by moments of time gone since) and just passed (as per the narrowness of nearly failing to make the results).

Ah Yes, Just passed the 293!!!! After almost 2 months of heavy reading and practice.
    it was quite demanding for me to understand networking that easily, because unlike the server infrasturcture, most of the concepts are those not ordinarily used in the office environment and I could not easily set up my own labs! I was even forced to read active directory given that it seems all the networking planning is hinged on the active directory. Actually, one time my colleagues, thought my next paper is active directory- I think I should sit it next- given that I had started preparing for it!!.

as for the exam, I was flabbergastted with the too many questions (50 ) and simulations (5), many of them on security(certificates, security templates deployed using mainly GPOs or the cmd Secedit), clustering (NLB and node clustering. contrary to my earlier expectation as posted that subnetting was not covered in the literature, I got 2 questions on it!!!!!! this time, I was prepared and thankfully, there were no calculations!

thus another milestone towards the MCSE. 2 to go!!!!!!!!!!
    gochieng

Certifications: MCP, MCDBA
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congrats on the pass:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell