Just passed 271 which makes me MCDST

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by F.A, May 26, 2011.

1. F.A

F.A Bit Poster

Just had to share the good news,

First of all I wanna thank all the members of this forum for all their advise and guidance, you've all been great. Just to introduce myself, I'm currrently working as 1st line heldesk analyst, I've been doing this for a year. Although it has been a good experience and learnt a lot along the way, I feel that my time has come to move from the desk.

I think my new cert and BSc Computing plus my one year experience of providing 1st Line support would hopefully enable me progress to 2nd line desktop support. what do you think guys?, and how long did it take you guys ( if any of you made that transition) to move from helpdesk to Desktop support?
    Your advice will be appreciated.

Yours
    F.A

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass.

I would probably stick at the 1st Line for another year if that's all the experience you have. I would then work on your certs some more. You could do MCITP: EDST Win 7 and MCSA or even A+ and N+. I think to move on to 2nd line a good understanding of both client and server is needed.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  3. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

congrats on the pass!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Desktop support is not nessesarily 2nd line and in some companies be a backward step from 1st line helpdesk.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA