just joined

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Genesis, May 31, 2005.

1. Genesis

Genesis New Member

My name is David Richardson and I reside in UK. I am thinking of a career change and would like to get into computers as a career. I have started a thread under "training and development" with the title "anyone help - career changer?". If anyone would like to add their thoughts that would be much appreciated.

I do not work with computers at present so have not got the all important first step in the door yet, but am hoping that with a qualification behind me I might be able to join the ranks of IT employment.

Look forward to all the comments made on the forum and hopefully when experienced will add some of my own.

David

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Dave,

Welcome to the cert forums :D
    Hope you stay around to use the vast amount of help, support and knowledge availible.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings David,welcome to the community :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, David. Welcome to CertForum. Rest assured, you are not the only career changer in our ranks. Hope we can be of assistance. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forum :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Dave, and welcome from me too. I suppose the first thing to ask is what experience or knowledge level of PC hardware and software do you have at the moment, and which areas do you find yourself drawn to (eg tech, programming, web design, gaming, etc)

There are probably loads of answers here already, depending on the answers you give to the above. To be honest, some patience, a bit of judicious use of the "Search" button, and plain old just hanging out here will hopefully yield MUCH more information for you than just one simple (and probably too-vague) answer on this post.

Enjoy m8 :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Welcome to CF. :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  8. Genesis

Genesis New Member

My experience is limited. I know a little html. I enjoy the programming side of this but am not too great with design aspect, so don't think web design is for me. Not done anything with hardware so not sure about A+ etc. So think I would like to go for programming/database

Any thoughts welcome
    David

9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity